| Job Description
After-School All-Stars (ASAS) is one of the leading national after-school program providers in the country. Our comprehensive school-based programs combine activities and learning to help build the knowledge and skills children need to succeed, both in school and in life.
A Unique Opportunity:
The Site Coordinator, under the direction of the Program Manager, is responsible for the daily operation of the program, including, but not limited to, personnel, activities, and general program operation.
Coordinate and monitor program activities to assure quality programming
- Maintain an inviting, safe, orderly environment
- Maintain a clear and consistent line of communication with program staff, school administration, and parents
- In consultation with administration, program staff, and students, provide day-to-day oversight of programs and after-school staff
- Develop schedules that incorporate student interests, required curricula and timeframes, and ensures their accurate implementation
- Acquire and coordinate program equipment, materials, facilities, nutrition, and transportation needs on site
- Monitor student behavior on site during program hours
- Utilize appropriate discipline measures as necessary
- Organize innovative student recruitment activities
- Maintain and forward fiscal data, including receipts, time sheets, material requests, evaluations, and attendance data to the Program Manager according to established procedures and timelines
- Complete all required reports and submits them by the due date
- Attend professional development activities and meetings provided by ASAS
- Responds to inquiries from parents and students regarding program offerings, attendance, and registration procedures
- Visits classrooms on a daily basis. Reviews performance of teachers and provides suggestions, demonstrations, and assistance for improvement, as needed
- Check email daily to ensure that program updates and communication are reviewed in a timely manner
- Responsible for the end-of-year closing of the program
- Conduct regular staff meetings
- Maintain accurate daily input of Cityspan for attendance
Who should apply?
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter with strong leadership, organizational, management, and communication skills. The SC should exemplify ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, proactive, transparent, collaborative, and accountable. Familiarity with youth development in the Bay Area region highly desired.
- An undergraduate degree is required; BA in education, social or human services, child development, or related field is desirable
- One or more years' experience working in a leadership or supervisory capacity in an after-school, day camp or community youth outreach setting is preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with school district staff, public officials, private sector officials, parents and community leaders
- Experience working with low-income underserved elementary and middle school youth
- Familiarity with youth development principles and middle-school-aged youth
- Skill in data tracking, record keeping, writing reports, and maintaining student and staff records
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others as well as respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in an emergency situation
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills
- Must clear FBI and local background checks as well as a TB test (i.e., obtain negative TB result)
- Familiarity and experience with diverse populations in a high stress environment strongly preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications of the individual candidate.
How to apply:
1.) Submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com.
2.) Please put "Site Coordinator, Bay Area,” and your last name in the subject heading. Your cover letter should be no more than one page, submitted in PDF format, and answer the question: “What is your vision of a successful after school program?”
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: