Real Food Generation (www.realfoodgeneration.org), a fiscally sponsored program of TSNE MissionWorks (www.tsne.org), harnesses the power of youth and universities to create a fair and sustainable food system. After winning dozens of campaigns nationally that have resulted in $80 million committed to Real Food annually, we have proven that student organizing can drive substantial change in the food chain in every region of the country, at a wide variety of colleges. We believe that with a shift in strategy, we can have a radically greater impact! That's why just this year RFG launched two initiatives: the Real Meals Campaign, to change the food service management industry in coalition with farmers, ranchers, fishermen, and environmentalists; and a new movement called Uprooted and Rising, which will end college and university support for Big Food and racism in the food system and direct the energy of our generation toward food sovereignty.
We are looking for a Development Manager to manage multiple fundraising and related functions, from grants management to grassroots fundraising. In particular, we are looking for someone to set up and test grassroots fundraising systems and strategies this spring, and to support our director in forging new grant funding relationships. The Development Manager will join a dynamic movement organization with colleagues who are deeply committed to the mission and to one another.
This role is part time (20-25 hours/week) and temporary through May 2020 (with the possibility of extension). The role may be performed remotely or be located in our Boston office.
- Support Executive Director and program staff to maintain relationships with existing funders, identify prospective funders, and drive the cultivation of new relationships with those funders;
- Draft grant applications and reports, coordinating with program staff and the executive team;
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential corporate funders.
Individual & Grassroots Giving
- Work with the Operations Coordinator to maintain the donor database so that it is up to date and error-free. Support staff to use with the database to track their interactions with contacts;
- Develop, manage, and pilot grassroots fundraising strategies, particularly integrated with Uprooted & Rising;
- Work with communications team to lead online fundraising activities including email fundraising and social media donation tools,
- Manage fundraising admin tasks: gift acknowledgments, working with online donation processing systems, and brief contact with individual and corporate donors.
Overall Development Planning and Leadership
- Support Executive Director on developing an overall strategy for diversifying funding sources;
- Maintain the development calendar, coordinate the fundraising activities of the Executive Director staff, alumni, and other stakeholders;
- Research funding sources and trends and analyze with foresight.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- A proven track record of success in fundraising
- 2 - 3 years related work experience in nonprofit and/or movement fundraising
- Interest and/or experience in organizing and movement-building;
- Knowledge and experience with CRM systems (experience with Neon a plus);Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and problem solve;
- Exceptionally well organized with an eye for detail;
- A passion for food justice;
- A commitment to economic justice, anti-racism, and people power.
TSNE MissionWorks/Real Food Generation envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Real Food Generation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network