Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering people living with or affected by HIV and eliminating HIV-related stigma and health disparities. Learn more about us at https://www.capnw.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are hiring an experienced full-time Licensed Practical Nurse to support the team at our LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health, http://www.prismhealth.org. Prism Health offers a safe, affirming, and non-judgmental space where all members of the LGBTQ+ community can obtain compassionate and culturally affirming primary care.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive medical care to patients at the LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health. The LPN works in collaboration with a variety of staff to manage patients’ healthcare. Participation in the development, expansion, and maintenance of Prism Health’s program is expected. The LPN is an integral part of the clinics medical team and will be involved in collaborating with the team to ensure the very best healthcare for all patients at Prism Health, including helping address workflow opportunities, supporting the providers as well as the Medical Assistants, and other duties as required to ensure Prism’s success. The LPN must be compassionate, self-confident, analytical, personable, and calm under pressure.
This full-time position reports to the RN Team Lead. Responsibilities include administration of medications, administration of vaccinations and rendering treatment to patients. Communicating with providers, support staff, and other medical professionals. Collaborate with clinicians to create a plan of care for each patient, consider the age of the patient and his/her/their emotional stability when determining appropriate treatment. Create and contribute to patients’ medical records as needed, respond to MyChart/EHR inquiries, rooming patients as needed, addressing concerns and complaints from patients and/or their parents or guardians for patients under the age of 18 in person and through the use of MyChart. Performing nurse and lab visits, to include phlebotomy. Tracking and maintaining medical supply inventory along with other staff members. Counseling patients and family members before, during and after treatment. Patient triage, health maintenance, specialty/hospital/urgent care visit charting and record keeping and other tasks as requested by the medical director. This individual will work at Prism Health, in SE Portland. Travel throughout the county as well as evening and weekend work are occasionally required.
• Current LPN License recognized by the State of Oregon Board of Nursing
• Basic Life Support card
• Advanced knowledge of EMRs
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed
• Excellent bedside manner and communication skills
• Ability to explain treatments and conditions to patients of all ages and diverse populations
• Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations and strong understanding of issues relevant to PLWHA, gay/bisexual/queer men, transgender individuals, the larger LBGTQ+ community and how those issues affect or influence service delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues in a professional environment in order to best serve the needs of a client/patient
• Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels and professional relationships, including strong interpersonal communication ability.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• Ability to work independently with accountability and exercise sound judgment, discretion and professionalism at all times
• 3+ years’ nursing experience
• Experience working in human/social services, preferably in a clinical setting
• Knowledge of community resources in the Portland metro, including Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas counties
• Experience working with Epic (EHR)
• Lived experience of systemic oppression and non-dominant cultures. We encourage applications from Black, Indigenous, and other people of color; transgender, non-binary, and other LGBTQ+ people; and people with disabilities, including HIV.
Compensation: $52,000 annually, based $25.00 per hour; employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for, 2) your resume, and 3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.capnw.org/careers) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Licensed Practical Nurse
520 NW Davis St, Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network