Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to preventing HIV infections, supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.capnw.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are hiring an experienced full-time RN Gender Care Coordinator to support the team at our LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health, http://www.prismhealth.org. Prism Health offers a safe, affirming, and non-judgmental space where all members of the LGBTQ+ community can obtain compassionate and culturally affirming primary care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) Gender Care Coordinator is part of a multidisciplinary team that provides comprehensive health care to patients at the LGBTQ+ primary health care center, Prism Health. The RN Gender Care Coordinator is a member of the care team that provides high quality, coordinated care for patients with acute and chronic social, medical, and or mental health needs. The RN is an integral part of the clinic’s quality committee and will be involved in collaborating with the team to ensure the very best healthcare for all patients, including support accessing support resources both within and outside the clinic. The RN must be compassionate, self-confident, analytical, personable, and calm under pressure.
This full-time position reports to the RN Team Lead. This individual will work at Prism Health, in SE Portland. This is a union-represented position. Evening and weekend work are occasionally required.
• 3+ years’ nursing experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
• 2+ years case management experience
• Basic Life Support card
• Valid OR nursing license
• Advanced knowledge of electronic medical records / electronic health records (EMRs / EHRs)
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed
• Excellent bedside manner and communication skills
• Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations
• Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, social, economic and sexually diverse populations and strong understanding of issues relevant to PLWHA, gay/bisexual/queer men, transgender individuals, the larger LBGTQ+ community and how those issues affect or influence service delivery.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues in a professional environment in order to best serve the needs of a client/patient
• Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels and professional relationships, including strong interpersonal communication ability.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
• Ability to work independently with accountability and exercise sound judgment, discretion and professionalism at all times
• Experience working in human/social services, preferably in a clinical setting
• Experience in case management and the Chronic Care Model
• Knowledge of community resources in the Portland metro, including Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas counties
• Experience working with Epic (EHR)
Compensation: $70,561 annually, employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled; Applications will first be reviewed starting Wednesday, July 31st.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.capnw.org/careers) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
RN Gender Care Coordinator Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network