Cascade AIDS Project (CAP), the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, is committed to supporting and empowering all people with or affected by HIV, reduce stigma, and provide the LGBTQ+ community with compassionate healthcare. Learn more about us at http://www.cascadeaids.org/.
CAP is excited to announce that we are currently hiring an experienced Operations/IT Assistant for a variety of technical and administrative work for the Operations/IT team, interacting with staff across multiple agencies. Must be able to translate end user problems into technical language and vice versa. Responsibilities require tact, discretion, and judgement as well as a thorough knowledge of agency policies and procedures. This role is expected to conduct their work with respect, a demonstrable commitment to ethical conduct, and adhere to and uphold CAP’s policies at all times. This is a full-time 1.0 FTE position, which reports to the Operations Manager. The Operations/IT Assistant will work primarily out of Our House of Portland, a partner organization, with some scheduled weekly hours at CAP’s Davis St. Office.
Regular duties of this position include:
a) Coordinating Operations/IT helpdesk requests for assigned location & staff, issuing helpdesk tickets, managing the ticket queue, & prioritizing requests.
b) Providing the necessary technical assistance for basic level computer and printing issues
c) Monitoring supplies inventory – to include tracking central supplies for all locations, preparing orders to replenish supplies, assisting Operations Manager with vendor management
d) Assisting with operation of assigned properties – resolving equipment and facilities maintenance issues, and general coordination of schedules and logistics
The person in this position is stationed at Our House of Portland’s main office in Portland with some scheduled weekly hours at CAP’s Davis St. office. They may also need to travel to other CAP locations as needed. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required. This is an exempt, bargaining unit position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Day-to-day computer support, such as reviewing and filling internal help requests and monitoring computer performance for potential problems. Installing basic software, installing and repairing hardware, peripherals and providing updates on tracking computer-related orders.
2. Sets up and configures desktop/laptop computers, peripherals, and primary backup for administrating user accounts and assigning security levels.
3. Assists with system build outs and configuration for assigned location.
4. Maintains and monitors supplies and equipment inventory systems, as well as document archives/storage/recovery.
5. Tracks facilities maintenance requests for assigned location(s) and assists with timely and effective resolution of problems, with a focus on maintaining the Our House office in a well-organized and professional manner.
6. Assists Operations Manager in ensuring compliance with established safety standards and housekeeping practices as appropriate for assigned location.
7. Contributes to team goals by accomplishing related duties as required.
8. Other duties as assigned
Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience and/or certifications.
2-3 years’ experience in varied operations and IT helpdesk functions with good track record of customer service.
Strong attention to detail and dedication to accuracy.
Knowledge of operating systems, current equipment and technologies in use, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools.
Demonstrated computer proficiency in MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and internet research.
Excellent organizational skills – ability to multi-task, and manage time and outcomes.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a calm courteous demeanor and ability to communicate technical/complex information to non-technical end users.
Ability to: plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility; and respond to emergencies effectively.
Ability to work under pressure, solve problems and work independently with only general supervision.
A strong commitment to CAP’s mission and by extension Our House of Portland’s mission.
Successful experience working with ethnically, racially, economically and sexually diverse populations.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or equivalent experience and/or Certifications.
Experience with Acrobat Reader, PDF editing tools, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Barracuda Spam Filter, and Manage Engine Service Desk.
Knowledge of a variety of programming languages and operating systems.
May be tested on appropriate computer skills as required.
Compensation: $41,000.00 annually, employer-paid health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with generous employer matching contribution, 125C cafeteria savings plan; generous vacation and health leave benefits.
NOTE: This is a union represented position.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
To apply for this position, mail, email, fax, or deliver the following three documents:
1) a complete cover letter (attached as Word or pdf) that serves as an example of your writing and addresses how you meet all of the required qualifications specific to the position you are applying for,
2) your resume, and
3) a completed CAP Employment application (available at http://www.cascadeaids.org/about/careers/) to:
Cascade AIDS Project
Operations/IT Assistant Position
520 NW Davis St., Suite 215
Portland, Oregon 97209
Or by email to:
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply