Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Salary Range: $12 per hour
Department: Peninsula Children's Learning Center
Reporting to the Nutrition Coordinator, Kitchen Assistant is responsible for assisting in all aspects of food service at Peninsula Children's Learning Center, including appropriate food preparation and serving of planned meals and maintaining a clean food preparation environment. Will be responsible for delivery of prepared food to other locations.
Qualified candidates will have:
• High School Diploma or GED AND
• One year of experience cooking for large groups;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with preschool aged children.
• Experience with or ability to learn CACFP guidelines and recordkeeping.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn CACFP food components, serving sizes and basic nutrition.
• Basic organization and planning skills.
• Excellent food preparation and sanitation skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and troubleshooting skills.
Requires Food Handler's Card within one week of hire, enrollment in Oregon Child Care Registry, and post-offer physical exam and TB test.
Requires a valid driver's license and car insurance acceptable to Neighborhood House's insurance provider.
For immediate consideration, please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org