The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Objective: Under the supervision of the Program Director, develop and maintain a safe, developmentally appropriate program for children.
Job Responsibilities: The Site Director is responsible for the administration of the before and after school childcare program in elementary school. This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, with approximate hours 6:15am-8:30am and 2:00pm-6:00pm, except for School District holidays. Locations are available at schools in the Portland-Metro area.
* Provide and follow written plans for a well-balanced, age appropriate curriculum.
* Supervise assistants and volunteers.
* Maintain relationships with children and families.
* Develop and foster positive relationships with school staff and administrators.
* Safely manage student arrival and departure.
* Plan and participate in recreational activities with students.
* Outdoor play supervision/support.
* Restroom support.
* Resolve challenging situations in a diplomatic and positive way.
* Obtain and keep current CPR/First Aid certifications.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
* Commit to establishing long-term relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
* Ability to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents.
* Ability to work independently as well as create and lead work teams.
* Ability and willingness to participate in 15 hours of job related training annually.
* Are mentally, physically and emotionally capable of performing assigned duties related to child care.
* Ability to navigate swiftly and effectively in an emergency situation.
* Ability to sit on floor or child sized chair, stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to crouch for 15 minutes.
* Ability to multi task.
* Must pass YMCA background check
* Two year degree in Education or related field, or 30 hours of classes in Child Development or two years experience working with school aged children preferred. Or experience as qualified by the State of Oregon Child Care Division for Site Director Position. (for more information: http://www.oregon.gov/OCC/Pages/ratio_tables.aspx)
* One year of supervisory experience preferred.
* Knowledge of state licensing requirements.
* Current driver's license.
* 21 years of age.
* Meet all child care site director standards as dictated by the state Child Care Division.
* Must pass driver's license review by insurance carrier.
* Bachelor's degree in the field of education or closely related field.
Sr. Program Director, School Age Childcare
9500 SW Barbur Blvd, Suite 240
Portland, OR 97219
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer