The YMCA of Columbia-Willamette is a mission driven organization, which seeks individuals who are enthusiastic and passionate about our mission and vision. We do this by putting the Christian principles of love, respect, honesty, responsibility and service into practice.
Objective: Plan and implement a safe, developmentally appropriate classroom environment for children.
This Teacher will work in the classroom supervising Aides and Volunteers while ensuring a safe and enriching classroom environment for children at the Playground Child Development Center on the St. Vincent's Hospital Campus. This is a Part-time position scheduled to work up to 29 hours per week.
* Provide and follow written plans for a well-balanced, age appropriate curriculum.
* Supervise assistants and volunteers.
* Maintain a physically and emotionally appropriate environment for children in compliance with state regulations and YMCA standards.
* Maintain a clean and neat environment.
* Supervise children at all times.
* Maintain a high level of interaction with the children.
* Maintain positive interactions with parents/guardians of children.
* Complete all record keeping in an accurate and timely manner.
* Design and implement a daily schedule which includes activities to enhance the development of cognitive, social, emotional and physical skills.
* Maintain positive communication with school personnel.
* Participate in observation, assessment and evaluation of children.
* Adhere to the YMCA principles of love, respect, honesty, service and responsibility.
* Respond appropriately to all and any emergency sit uations.
* Perform all other duties as assigned by supervising teacher.
* Incorporate and Model our YMCA Christian principles into your work
* Commit to establishing long-term work relationships with staff, volunteers, participants, members and families
* Ability to communicate well with children, staff and parents.
* Ability to work independent as well as create and lead work teams.
* Ability and willingness to obtain and keep current CPR/First Aid certifications.
* Ability and willingness to perform any and all jobs in the program.
* Ability and willingness to participate in 15 hours of job related training annually.
* Ability to sit on floor or child sized chair, stand for 1 hour periods, occasionally lift 50 lbs. and crouch for 15 minutes.
* Ability t o multi task.
* Pass a YMCA Background Check
* 20 credit hours in Education or related field or at least 1 year of experience in a licensed child care/school facility.
* Meet all teacher standards as dictated by the state Child Care Division.
* Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days.
* At least18 years of age
* Experience working with children of particular classroom age
* Currently registered on the State Childcare Registry
* Current certified fingerprinting for childcare registry if living out of state within the past 6 months.
1. Demonstrates in word and action the Y's Christian principles of love, honesty, respect, responsibility and s ervice and a commitment to the Y's vision and mission.
2. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
3. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
4. Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
5. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
6. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
7. Assesses, minimizes and prevents risk, practices consideration for the safety of others, adheres to Association standards of proper notification of incidents and care of the work environment and equipment, identifies and responds to circumstances appr opriately.
8. Meets attendance expectations, follows Association procedures for requesting and documenting absences, is punctual, reliable, and adaptable, takes initiative, and accepts responsibility.
9. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills, perceives, understands and manages interactions appropriately, is accountable for own actions, capitalizes on learning opportunities, and is open to performance feedback and coaching.
10. Demonstrates compliance in the following areas: CollaborNation, employee paperwork, performance evaluations, personnel policies, and procedures i.e. dress code, code of conduct. Attends mandatory trainings and meetings, acquires and maintains required certifications for current position.
Senior Program Director
9427 SW Barnes Road
Portland, OR 97225
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: US$13 - US$15 per hour + ymcacw.org/careers