| Job Description
Building Health & Recovery
WE ARE CODA
We provide medical treatment, teach parenting skills, carry out research and manage health records. We cook, we write, we keep CODA's buildings safe and clean. We run group counseling sessions, manage payroll, hire, train and support our 300 colleagues working in several locations in Multnomah, Clackamas and Washington Counties. We are counselors, nurses, maintenance workers, accountants, leaders, medical assistants, case managers, administrative staff and doctors.
Our Staff Nurses make a difference by:
- Contacting licensed medical professional (LMP) for newly admitted patients, reporting medical status and requesting individual medication orders as appropriate for program.
- Monitoring patient medical status, measuring patient vital signs and performing other routine medical procedures; maintaining up to date documentation of observations and evaluations in patient electronic medical record.
- Following protocols as established by LMP.
- Administering and reviewing PPD (Tuberculosis testing for purified protein derivative).
- Performing patient care activities within scope, according to licensed medical professional's patient care instructions, medication orders, and other established patient care orders.
- Collecting urinalysis sample, performing rapid toxicology screening, and collecting blood samples according to established policies.
- Safely dispensing medication as prescribed and continue to monitor patient for potential side effects.
- Evaluating and assessing medical stability of established patients within program expectations and professional scope, identifying any special needs or circumstances that require licensed medical professional notification.
- Recognizing and initiating appropriate response to crisis or emergency situations. Lifting patient if necessary for safety
Those with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
The bonus opportunity comprises of a $500 sign-on bonus (appears on first check)
- Current, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure. Completion of an accredited nursing education program that includes at least 500 hours of direct patient contact.
- Practical training in phlebotomy.
- Current Oregon or Washington driver's license.
- Crisis prevention certification (such as CPI) within six months of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to acquire within one month of hire
and another $500 after 6 months of employment for a total of $1,000.
It is only available for a limited time, so apply now: https://rew12.ultipro.com/COD1000/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1270Why CODA:
We value our employees and show it with competitive wages, an exceptionally strong benefits package that includes medical insurance premiums starting at $20/month for individual-employee plan, dental, vision, 401K with Employer Matching, unlimited Employee Assistance Program (EAP), HRA plan, additional voluntary benefits, and 14 PTO hours a month as soon as you start.
We employ a sophisticated Electronic Health Records System (EMR), modern HR software, along with Telemedicine, video conferencing, and video phone links between all of CODA's multiple sites.
CODA offers tuition reimbursement, paid training, and internal career-advancement opportunities. Join us and be part of a best-in-class research environment within a supportive, diverse and inclusive company culture.
CODA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.