Debbie’s Dream Foundation:
Curing Stomach Cancer
Programs Coordinator Job Purpose:
The main purpose of the Programs Coordinator is to support and educate stomach cancer patients, families, and caregivers.
Programs Coordinator Job Duties and Responsibilities:
It is the responsibility of all employees to support the Company's mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of trust. We all bear the responsibility and judgment of improving the organization, communicating openly, empowering each other to excel at our work, using discretion, and dedicating ourselves to including all who want to be involved.
The Programs Coordinator reports directly to the Programs Director, the Co-Chairs of the Symposium Committee, and volunteers and is required to attend all staff and Symposium Committee meetings and Board meetings from time to time.
This position is a full time (at least 40 hours per week) salaried position and can be longer around the time of the Symposium, conferences, special foundation events, and any out of town travel. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. The Company reserves the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary.
DDF is based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, but has chapters and volunteers throughout the country.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform this job successfully:
- Four (4) year college degree required. Major or minor in social work or psychology or biological sciences is a plus
- Expert in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus or any other non-profit software
- Fast typist (at least 50 words per minute – typing test will be given at interview)
- Ability to lead and to follow, and the ability to know when those different skills are needed
- Expertise in building professional relationships
- Consistent professionalism
- Ability to collaborate with both volunteers, staff, donors, supporters, the Board of Directors and any other people encountered
- Fluent in English. Additional fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills at a professional level
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to tolerate numerous interruptions throughout the day
To apply for this position and to qualify for an interview, it is REQUIRED that all applicants submit the following as an Application Packet:
1. Cover letter
3. College and other degree diplomas or other verification of graduation
4. Transcript if graduated within the past 5 years
5. 2-4 letters of recommendation from non-family members
The Application packet should be sent to:
Debbie’s Dream Foundation: Curing Stomach Cancer
Two South University Drive, Suite 326
Plantation, FL 33324