The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us as we support early childhood education programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families served.
We are seeking an inspired and collaborative team player to join our growing Finance program as a Financial Specialist. The Financial Specialist’s responsibilities chiefly fall under the following core functions, although s/he m perform other tasks as needed:
Reports to: Director of Finance
• Extended Day Program-weekly reconciliation of statistical and financial information on internal and ProCare reporting platforms to maintain accuracy. Monthly, prepare Extended Day Aging Reports for all centers.
• Payroll-post Labor Distribution data bi-monthly to programs; coordinate labor allocation changes and other labor expense information with HR to assure accuracy in staff labor activity reports.
• Program Specific Reporting-post labor and expense information monthly to internal Excel worksheets in preparation for Quarterly program reporting requirements.
• Budget Support Activity-assist the Director of Finance with preparing annual budgets; gathering historical expense information and other historical data relevant to the successful creation of future operating budgets (and forecasts). Assist with periodic "budget versus actual" monitoring activity as required.
• May be assigned to support senior management and staff as program and accounting department needs develop.
• AA/BS in Accounting with 3-5 years experience; Non-profit 501c-3, or Grant accounting experience.
• MIP Accounting Software experience a plus.
• Proficiency in Excel and strong writing and communications skills.
• 401k with 100% Company Match up to 3% and 50% of the next 2%
• 3 weeks total PTO
• Health, Dental, Vision benefits
• Clear Opportunity for Advancement and career development with tight-knit team
Why Acelero Learning or Shine Early Learning?
• Ability to make an impact in the lives of the children, families, and partners we serve
• Career growth and professional development opportunities
• Supportive working environment
• Average of 5 weeks of paid time off during 1st year of employment
• Comprehensive benefits, including 401K matching and 100% vesting program
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network