Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $80 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions. Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
Primary Responsibilities : The Floater Assistant Teacher shares responsibility for an Early/Head Start classroom of 0- to 5-year-old children. S/he works collaboratively with the teacher, family members and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities, filling in for staff on PTO, breaks, prep time, etc.
The Floater Assistant Teacher’s role encompasses effective practices the following (as outlined in our Assistant Teacher Success Rubric):
1. CLASS™ teacher-child interactions
2. Learning environment
4. Child assessment
5. Meeting all children’s needs
6. Working with families
7. Professional growth and collaboration
• Infant/Toddler CDA –OR- AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field with at least 120 training hours (9 credits) in Infant/Toddler content plus at least 480 hours of experience working with infant and toddlers OR High School Diploma and willing/able to obtain CDA credential
• Bilingual Spanish- English preferred
• Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
• Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
• Obtain certification in CPR and First Aid.
This position is full time, year round and earns $12.40-$12.94/hr based on education and experience. The hours are 10 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network