The Teacher Aide is responsible for working collaboratively with a Lead teacher and Assistant Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a Head Start classroom with a total of 14 to 20 children. The position also partners with family members and other staff to achieve positive outcomes for children of all abilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Follows the curriculum as scheduled in partnership/under advisement of Lead and Assistant.
• Supports lesson planning and implementing learning experiences as assigned and contributing to the assessment of children's development.
• Establishes and maintains a safe, healthy learning environment, including maintaining required adult-child ratio and proper supervision of children at all time.
• Supports the social and emotional development of children and using "positive guidance" approaches to dealing with challenging behaviors.
• Interacts with children in an appropriate and supportive manner.
• Encourages the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families
• Works effectively with other teaching team in the assigned classroom and center.
• Follows all Acelero Learning policies and procedures related to health, safety, nutrition, and other aspects of center operations.
• Ensures adherence to assigned schedule by reporting to work on time and communicating proactively with Center Director and Early Learning/Disabilities Specialist in the event of any changes to schedule.
• Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
• Performs any and all other duties (or functions) as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; AA/BA in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
• Obtain CPR and First Aid within the first year of employment.
• Physical exam and background checks are required for this position.
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network