We are looking for a Health Coordinator that:
• Is a passionate leader excited about improving Philadelphia’s early care and education providers and the lives of the city’s families and children they serve.
• Believes in the power of teamwork and working in community.
• Committed to embracing diversity as a paramount element of leadership.
• Is a life-long learner committed to data-informed learning and continuous improvement.
• Models focus, attention to detail, professionalism, and follow-through.
The Health Coordinator is responsible for achieving full implementation of key aspects of the PHLpreK Quality Support Center’s health approach, supporting content development, technical assistance to PHLpreK providers, and coordination with state and local agencies that support health and wellness. The PHLpreK program’s mission is to increase access to quality early learning by offering free pre-Kindergarten programs to children regardless of their family’s income. The Specialist develops content, technical assistance, and training supports related to advancing health and well-being. The Specialist will lead coordination and provision of quality support services required by the PHLpreK program including:
• Technical assistance to follow appropriate health and nutrition standards
• Comprehensive (vision, dental, nutrition, physical) health and development screening
• Collaboration with state and local agencies that support the healthy wellbeing of children
• Interventions necessary in response to health and safety issues
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and supports the health strategy for the entire TA program. This includes managing the creation of all health related content that aligns to identified professional development needs of PHLpreK providers.
• Lead the coordination of dental, health, nutrition, and vision screenings and referrals, including the development of action plans for access.
• Supports providers with children exhibiting mental and behavioral health needs, including an established working relationship with the City’s Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual disability Services, and related mental and behavioral health agencies.
• Coordinates and collaborates with the Shine Early Learning and Acelero family engagement and health program development, content creation, and technical supports.
• Acts as a subject matter expert for all digital and coaching content relating to health and wellbeing.
• Conceives, designs, develops and facilitates in-person training content (e.g. workshops, webinars, professional learning communities).
• Provides professional development to coaches to support their knowledge and expertise and is able to provide acute support to specific providers in various circumstances.
• Analyzes provider engagement with all health related content and determines strategies for continuous improvement.
• Contributes to the development of other early childhood content as needed.
• Participates in assigned meetings, events and training as required.
• BA in Public Health, Social Work, or related field. Graduate degree is strongly preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience in the childcare field, including experience in coordination of health services and 2+ years providing technical assistance to programs
• Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English strongly preferred
• Physical exam and background checks are required for this position
• Travel required locally or long-distance up to 20% of the time for work-related meetings and functions
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by our partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network