!!! PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION !!!
We will not review your application if it doesn't include a cover letter
Ace of Hearts Dog Rescue is a Los Angeles-based non-profit organization dedicated to rescuing dogs from LA County shelters the day they are scheduled for euthanasia and finding them loving homes. Founded in 2001 by animal lover and rescuer Kari Whitman, Ace of Hearts has already saved over 3,000 dogs, and plans to save many more! For more information, visit www.aceofheartsdogs.com
SHELTER MANAGER/VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR:
This position requires 35-55 hours per week with every other Saturday each month at our adoption events as well as non-adoption weekends from home. This is an intense, fast-paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Recruiting, scheduling and coordinating relationships with volunteers
• Organizing volunteers for dog adoptions and other tasks
• Calling shelters to get information on dogs, and coordinating their rescue
• Developing and coordinating adoption and outreach programs
• Handling emergencies with adopted/fostered dogs
• & more.
This is an office job based in West Hollywood, reporting to the Operations Manager. All our dogs are fostered, and we don't have a dedicated shelter facility. While you will be hands-on with helping to find dogs homes, this job is not hands-on with the dogs. The only direct contact is at our bi-weekly adoption events, where volunteers bring the dogs they foster.
This job requires a MAJOR COMMITMENT, is challenging and demanding, but is incredibly REWARDING for an individual who is passionate and devoted to rescuing dogs.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the following:
• Prior non-profit or dog rescue experience strongly preferred
• You must own a laptop computer with wireless internet capabilities
• You must love dogs--all breeds and sizes--and be very comfortable walking and handling them as you will be the on-site Volunteer Coordinator at our bi-monthly adoption events
• You must know how to manage and delegate many people
• You must have excellent phone demeanor and the ability to handle multiple callers on several different incoming lines
• You must have strong computer skills, particularly the ability to create Excel spreadsheets
• You must have reliable transportation
• Good command of social media outreach and communication
• Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking and leadership skills
• Hands-on, proactive, able to show initiative
• Volunteer Coordinator experience is a big plus.
Compensation: $42,000 + perks after a 1-month trial period and a review every 6 months with room for growth. Possible raise after 6-month evaluation.
If you feel you are the right person for the job, please send an email to aceofheartsjobs [AT] gmail [DOT] com with the following:
1. You resume (in pdf)
2. A cover letter telling us why you would be ideally suited for this position (in the body of the email)
3. 2 recent professional references
4. Use the subject title: "Shelter Manager/Volunteer Coordinator".
DO NOT APPLY if you do not meet ALL of the above requirements.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
(non-profit animal dog rescue shelter foster)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $42,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network