| Job Description
SCHEDULE: Wednesday through Saturday Overnights. However, this schedule may be adjusted according to the needs of the program
WAGE/BENEFITS: $11.81 per hour. Janus offers an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance; EAP; 401(k) and paid time off (varied eligibility waiting periods apply). Voluntary optional coverages are also available.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to John Weigel, c/o 707 NE Couch St, Portland, OR 97232 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we can contact only those applicants who are invited to interview. If it happens that you are not contacted to arrange an interview, please know that we are grateful for your interest in employment opportunities at Janus Youth Programs.
Janus Youth Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Find out more about Janus at our website, www.janusyouth.org!
SUMMARY: The Overnight Direct Care Staff is responsible for providing overnight supervision of residents and security of the residential independent living treatment program for males, ages 17-24, who are re-entering the community from close custody juvenile correction institutions. The position is also responsible for various record keeping assignments, report writing, and data entry.
QUALIFICATIONS Any combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying. This would typically include:
- Bachelor’s degree in mental health, social work, juvenile justice, or related field or two years’ experience working with youth is preferred. (Note: No less than 50 percent of the Direct Care Staff shall have a Bachelor’s Degree.)
- Experience and clinical training working with delinquent or emotionally disturbed adolescents, at least one of which has been in a residential setting, is strongly preferred.
- Preference may be extended to current employees of Janus Youth Programs, Inc.
- Values working in a multicultural/diverse environment.
- Exercise of independent and team-coordinated direction and judgment.
- Staying calm and emotionally available in an environment serving emotionally disturbed youth.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with a broad variety of people, including staff, supervisors and management.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse cultures.
- Openness to feedback and supervision.
- Requires working effectively within a team dependent environment.
- Exercise tact, discretion, and judgment in working with a variety of people.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries in working with others and in handling confidential information.
- Regularly attend scheduled shifts, be punctual for scheduled shifts and meetings, and be in a condition suitable for assuming responsibilities of position.
- Ability to stay awake and alert throughout shift.
- Perform and/or supervise routine household tasks (cleaning, cooking, emptying trash, etc.)
- Accurately read, record, and interpret information.
- Requires climbing at least 2 flights of stairs.
- Provide auditory and visual supervision of clients.
- Ability to effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic or volatile situations.
- Manual and physical dexterity allowing for performance of routine household and office functions such as computer use, phone use, copying, faxing, writing, filing, cleaning, cooking, lifting, reaching etc.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- This position does not require driving. However, all employees who do drive for work purposes, regardless of whether driving a Janus vehicle or a personal vehicle and regardless of whether driving with or without clients, must complete the Agency’s driving approval process before driving for work purposes.
- Bloodborne Pathogens training is required on first day of employment.
- Provides emergency first-aid, as needed, and maintains a current standard first-aid/CPR certification.
- Must pass criminal history check.
- Must complete Mandatory Abuse Training within the first 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must obtain National Provider Identification Number through the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System.
- Food Handler’s Certification