SCHEDULE: Four ten-hour day shifts per week. Exact schedule to be determined.
WAGE/BENEFITS: $15.23 per hour. Janus offers an excellent benefits program including medical, dental, life & long-term disability insurance; EAP; 401(k) and paid time off (varied eligibility waiting periods apply). Voluntary optional coverages are also available.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter to John Weigel, c/o 707 NE Couch St., Portland, OR 97232 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
Due to the volume of applications received, we regret that we can contact only those applicants who are invited to interview. If it happens that you are not contacted to arrange an interview, please know that we are grateful for your interest in employment opportunities at Janus Youth Programs.
Janus Youth Programs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Find out more about Janus at our website, www.janusyouth.org!
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for overseeing the development of the treatment plan, it’s implementation and all subsequent reporting and treatment plans. This position must facilitate effective communication and working relationships among youth care specialists to insure on-site implementation of the services program and provide case management to individual clients.
QUALIFICATIONS: Any combination of education, experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position is qualifying. This would typically include:
- Bachelor’s degree with major study in social work, psychology, sociology, or a closely allied field and two (2) years of experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth OR a Master’s degree with major study in social work or a closely allied field and one (1) year of experience in the care and rehabilitation of youth.
- Case Management experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of BRS standards preferred.
- Prefer experience working with Oregon Youth Authority.
- Preference may be extended to current employees of Janus Youth Programs, Inc.
- Value working in a multicultural/diverse environment.
- Ability to demonstrate respect towards staff, clients and program.
- Ability to maintain professional attitude, respond to difficult situations, and provide excellent clinical judgment under conditions that are variable, stressful and unpredictable.
- Ability to model pro-social thinking and behavior.
- Ability to work effectively within a team-dependent environment.
- Ability to effectively monitor safety and demonstrate group management skills and effectively de-escalate potentially chaotic volatile situations.
- Ability to recognize antisocial thinking and behavior, address problems, and redirect thinking.
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and judgment in working with a variety of people.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries in working with others and in handling confidential information.
- Ability to stay calm and emotionally available in an environment serving severly-disturbed youth.
- Ability to accurately read, record and interpret information
- Ability to climb at least two flights of stairs.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to provide auditory and visual supervision of clients.
- Strong written skills as related to services planning and reporting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally & in writing.
- Ability to consistently attend and be punctual for working commitments and condition suitable for carrying out responsibilities of position.
- Manual/physical dexterity allowing for performance of routine office functions such as filing, copying, faxing, writing, computer use, phone use, etc.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Personal transportation allowing for travel within the Portland metropolitan area, a valid driver’s license for state of residency, personal auto liability coverage ($100,000/$300,000 levels strongly recommended), and a driving record permitting coverage under the corporate auto liability policy. Any employee driving for work purposes must complete the Agency’s driving approval process before driving for work.
- Criminal History Clearance
- Standard First-Aid/CPR Certification
- Bloodborne pathogen training required and provided on first day of employment; must attend annual updated trainings.
- Must complete Mandatory Abuse Training within the first 30 days of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must obtain National Provider Identification Number through the National Plan & Provider Enumeration System.