Are you interested in politics? Do you have a passion for community and education? Looking for an internship that can be safely completed during Shelter-in-Place?
Progressive, Oakland-based consulting firm is seeking interns for a local OUSD school board campaign. Ideal candidates can commit to working 10-15 hours per week, beginning in late-July and continuing through Election Day on November 3rd. This is an unpaid internship opportunity that will provide hands-on experience in a critical local election. Each week, interns will join training sessions that cover a variety of topics given by consultants and special guest speakers.
Interns will perform a variety of tasks throughout the campaign. The following is a list of the most frequently required tasks:
- Assist Campaign Manager and other key campaign staff in daily activities.
- Post and manage social media content.
- Conduct voter outreach.
- Recruit and train new volunteers.
- Enter and track voter data.
- Organize, facilitate, and participate in digital events.
- Given the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of campaign work and events will be conducted remotely, and in-person events will comply with social distancing guidelines.
- All interns are expected to work 10-15 hours per week. (afternoons and evenings).
- All interns are expected to attend a weekly training session on varied campaign topics.
- All interns are expected to be available for the weekend before the election and the day of the election.
- Experience working remotely and familiarity with Zoom and other video conferencing platforms.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Driving is not required but the campaign cannot provide transportation to or from the office or events.
- Given the primarily remote nature of this position, having a laptop, internet access, video-conferencing capability is required.
If you are interested or have any questions please send an email with a resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network