Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Oakland, California, Centro Legal de la Raza (Centro Legal) is a comprehensive legal services agency protecting and advancing the rights of immigrant, low-income and Latino communities through bilingual legal representation, education, and advocacy. By combining quality legal services and know-your-rights education and youth development, Centro Legal promotes access to justice for thousands of individuals and families each year through Central and Northern California.
Centro Legal seeks an experienced, knowledgeable and energetic Development Managerto lead the effort to grow contributed income from approximately $400,000 to $1M over the next few years. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager is responsible for diversifying Centro’s fund raising effort, including building a major donor program, creating an effort to raise unrestricted support from private foundations, and managing all fund raising activities to support the 50th Anniversary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and manage the annual plan for fund raising to meet the organization’s goals for contributed income
Coordinate and facilitate the work of the Development Committee of the Board to increase their involvement in the development process.
- With the Communications Manager, design and implement the year-end fund raising campaigns, including mailings, email campaigns and social media, to maximize year-end giving from individuals and businesses.
- Direct the efforts of the Executive Director and program staff to facilitate their participation in the fund raising process.
- With the Communications Manager, supervise the Development and Communications Coordinator
- Serve as an enthusiastic advocate for Centro and its programs; represent the organization with donors and potential institutional funders.
- Work with outside consultants to manage various aspects of Centro’s development plan, including a major donor program, the 50th Anniversary Gala, and development systems.
- With the Communications Manager, create an annual communications plan to cultivate and steward Centro donors and potential donors.
- Oversee the donor acknowledgement process, and ensure the timely acknowledgement of all donors; oversee the tracking and documentation of donations and donor activity in Salesforce.
- Create and monitor the budget for contributed income; provide financial reports to the Executive Director and Finance Department on an ongoing basis to monitor fund raising progress;
insure the Board is kept informed of fundraising progress.
- Help design, plan, and execute strategies to identify, cultivate and steward individual donors, with an emphasis on broadening relationships with major donors
- Provide information and support for the Executive Director and Board members in their meetings with donors and potential donors
FOUNDATION AND BUSINESS SUPPORT (including law firms)
- Research and identify foundation and business prospects for potential restricted and unrestricted support of Centro Legal.
- Working with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and the Program Directors, review current and potential institutional donors to determine possible interests, linkages and relationships that could be beneficial to Centro Legal.
- With the Program Directors, identify law firms involved with Centro Legal, including firms who give pro bono assistance, co-counsel as well as law firm donors to maximize their financial support of the organization.
- With the event consultant, lead the effort to plan and raise funds for the 50th Anniversary Gala in Fall 2019
- With the Communications Manager, manage the plan of events and activities for donors and prospects in conjunction with the 50th Anniversary
- Take advantage of Centro Legal’s visibility in its 50th Anniversary year to create and implement a strategy to capture new prospects names and attract new supporters.
Compensations and Benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits. Salary commensurate with background and experience plus medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401(k) benefits and a generous vacation and holiday package.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Submit via email only a 1) detailed cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place the words “Development Manager) in the subject line. No calls please.
Centro Legal de la Raza is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. Centro Legal de la Raza is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, immigrants, LBTQ, older persons, persons with disabilities, and all qualified persons to apply.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED