Job Summary: LFCD is seeking a qualified candidate to serve low-income, Refugee, GA, and CalWORKs participants to gain subsidized and unsubsidized job placements. This position is responsible for interfacing with local employers and businesses, external organizations, and internal LFCD departments. Specially, the staff of the Social Services Agency, CBOs serving CalWORKs, all One-Stop Career and Business Centers. This position duties including: outreach recruitment, intake assessment, worksite orientation, job counseling, job search, pre-employment workshops, job development, job placement, job retention. Program activities and strategies including long-term career advancement for each participants; understanding hiring and business development needs of each employer; the compliance requirements of funders; and the many subtle factors that can influence each individuals’ ability to thrive and advance in the workplace. Knowledge of human services needs of the local job market. Report to Program Coordinator and Employment Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Employers and Business Relationships:
Job Placement – Pre and Post-Employment Services:
1. Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field. Sales strategies experiences, job placement and business development expertise.
2. Required: Fluency in at least one other language: Spanish, Tigrinya or Amharic.
3. Work effectively under pressure; experience with special needs populations, e.g. adults with limited work experience, dislocated workers, English-as-second-language, and able to work with multicultural and diverse ethnic community;
4. Experience with web-based computer application programs; knowledge of job search techniques, interviewing skills, and other topics to assist clients in the current labor job market.
5. Ability to communicate effectively to groups, including making group presentations and facilitating workshops
6. Understand, explain, and apply complex local, state, and federal regulations, policies, procedures of WIA, Refugee, GA, CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work programs.
7. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team work.
8. Must have a flexible schedule on some evenings and week-ends.
9. Work Proficient in Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power Point, database management and internet explorer.
10. Must have a valid California Driver License, clean DMV record and proof of current auto insurance. Travel is required for this position.
11. Must pass drug test and background check.