| Job Description
Children Now is a nonpartisan umbrella research, policy development, and advocacy organization dedicated to promoting children's health, education and well-being in California. Children Now also leads The Children’s Movement of California, a grassroots network of more than 1,900 business, education, parent, civil rights, faith, and community-based organizations, as well as thousands of individuals, working together to make children a top priority in public policy. Learn more at www.childrennow.org.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and detailed-oriented individual to administer our constituent outreach tools, manage campaign technology infrastructure, and generally support The Children’s Movement of California, the member-based, Pro-Kid constituency Children Now created and leads. The Digital Campaigns Assistant of The Children’s Movement of California, will be primarily responsible for managing existing – and developing new – information-tracking processes, databases, and other files to ensure data of current and prospective members is accurate, comprehensive, and up-to-date. This position will track and analyze member actions, and generate meaningful routine and ad hoc reports to help us understand the impact of different actions, develop member insights, and closely track how a member’s profile attributes (i.e., organization type, source, interest areas, location, participation in prior campaigns, etc.) relate to their engagement. The Digital Campaigns Assistant will support quick-turnaround of advocacy campaigns, broad or targeted. Additionally, the Digital Campaigns Assistant will help in the recruitment of new Movement members through email, correspondence and phone outreach and will support member engagement in educational, fundraising and advocacy efforts. The Digital Campaigns Assistant will also support the outreach team with other administrative tasks, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience and a high degree of comfort and confidence utilizing digital outreach tools like Salesforce, Mailchimp, Hustle, Every Action, or other enterprise tools. They will also have experience providing top-level administrative support, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, proven technical skills, and will be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced, mission-driven team environment. Applicants should have an excellent work ethic, be flexible and solutions-oriented, have a deep commitment to racial equity and Children Now’s mission and be willing to engage where most needed, according to organizational priorities. This is a full-time, non-exempt position in our Oakland office.
- Manage and maintain data lists and tracking systems for all current and prospective members and member engagement efforts;
- Handle production of relevant reports and mailings, including the maintenance and generation of accurate lists, performing complex database document merges, and executing mailings;
- Accurately perform data entry, conduct on-line research, and prepare documents for meetings;
- Provide careful proof-reading of lists, mailings and other communications;
- Schedule meetings;
- Assist in the coordination of webinars and small events for Movement members or other organizational audiences;
- Assist in the recruitment of new organizational members to TCM, reaching out primarily by email and phone to a large number of contacts;
- Support email and phone-based engagement efforts for specific campaigns, as needed, including fast-paced, quick-turn-around campaigns related to specific policy opportunities;
- Assist development efforts, as needed, including providing information about recruitment and engagement efforts for grant reports;
- Work closely with colleagues to prepare materials for and assist with follow-up after speaking engagements about TCM; and
- Flexibly take on other projects and assist with office administrative activities, as needed.
- Two years of professional administrative or other relevant experience;
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office with strong word processing, Excel, database, and internet research skills;
- Advanced working knowledge of Salesforce, Mailchimp, Every Action, Hustle, or other digital enterprise tools;
- Experience executing large-scale mailings and other outreach campaigns;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skill, with strong proof-reading skills;
- Highly flexible with a willingness to take on a range of assignments and to support the work of other teams;
- Detail-oriented with highly organized processes;
- Ability to reliably juggle multiple, shifting priorities and deadlines using sound judgment; and
- Bachelor’s degree.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
To Apply: Applications must include 1) cover letter, 2) resume, 3) brief writing sample (no more than three pages), and 4) three references. Please send and address all correspondence to:
Attn: Digital Campaigns Assistant, The Children’s Movement of California
1404 Franklin Street, Suite 700
Oakland, CA 94612
E-mail applications with attachments in Microsoft Word or PDF format only. Please include your name in the file name for all documents (e.g., b.williams – resume). We do not accept phone inquiries regarding the position; please do not call. Position open until filled.
Children Now is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to staff diversity. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.