| Job Description
The Organization: Founded in 1969 Centro Legal de la Raza (Centro Legal) is a comprehensive legal services agency focused on strengthening low-income, immigrant, and Latino individuals and families by providing bilingual and culturally competent legal representation, education, and advocacy. The mission of Centro Legal is to protect and expand the rights of low-income people, particularly monolingual Spanish-speaking immigrants. Centro Legal has office in Oakland, CA, Hayward, CA and San Francisco, CA.
Centro Legal’s immigration practice is focused on serving the needs of our most vulnerable community members, including families living in poverty, women, children, victims of violent crimes, survivors of domestic and sexual violence, and detained individuals in removal proceedings. We offer comprehensive, full-service direct representation to our clients as well as legal rights education and client intake through our various immigration clinics. We specialize in detained and non-detained removal defense, affirmative asylum applications, family-based visa petitions, U visas for victims of violent crime, and naturalization.
The position: The primary duty of the Immigration Grants Manager is to assist with maintaining unrestricted and restricted funding from foundations to support the Immigration Program’s work. This is a full-time position.
- Maintain a portfolio of grants and contracts, including complex federal, state and local cost reimbursable grants, and foundation and corporate grants.
- Ensure successful maintenance and growth of our grant portfolio by calendaring for proposal and grant deadlines and coordinating with program staff to track grant goals, activities, outcomes and impact and draft grant proposals and reports.
- Coordinate the timely preparation and submission of Letters of Inquiry, grant proposals, agreements, reports and other documents requested by foundations.
- Work with staff and sub-grantees to facilitate interim and final reporting requirements for grants, track communication history with foundations, and maintain contact information for foundation staff.
- Maintain the grants calendar and monitor the priorities, guidelines and deadlines of funders to ensure timely and accurate submissions.
- Send timely acknowledgements and maintain all institutional funder records.
- Work with finance team and the Development Director to prepare financial reports and budgets as needed.
- Under the supervision of the Immigration Director, write and edit content for grant proposals, reports and other communications with institutional funders.
- Assist the Immigration Director with projects related to the strategic development of institutional funding support.
Qualifications: First and foremost, the applicant must profoundly share Centro Legal’s mission and vision of social justice. Below are additional qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of two years of experience prospecting, submitting grant applications, and managing a portfolio of grants, including government (federal, state and/or local) cost reimbursement grants or contracts
- Commitment to serving low-income and under-served communities
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Prior experience in non-profit development, marketing or communications a plus
- Demonstrates the ability to be entrusted with sensitive information and conduct daily activities with the utmost professionalism and integrity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superb organizational and time-management skills
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Strong computer skills; proficient or advanced skills in Microsoft Suite, familiarity with database applications and the Internet
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders
- Experience in website and social media management a plus
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive salary plus medical, dental, 401(K), and FSA benefits.
Applications: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filed. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Submit via email only: 1) detailed cover letter describing desire to work with Centro Legal’s Immigration Program, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three professional references to email@example.com. Place these words in the subject line “Immigration Grants Manager.”
Centro Legal de la Raza is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category. Centro Legal de la Raza is an affirmative action employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, immigrants, LGBTQ, older persons, persons with disabilities, and all qualified persons to apply.