POSITION: The Accounting Department is seeking an Accounting Clerk I to assist in providing accounting and various administrative support at the Lao Family Community Development Oakland office.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Experience of two to three years in accounting
or related field preferred.
2. Knowledge of Quick Book Accounting Software, Excel and Word
3. Customer Service
4. English spelling, usage of grammar and punctuation
5. Ability to work effectively under pressure, time management, and to work well in
a team with other staff members
6. Ability to work independently. Flexible scheduling required on some evenings and
7. Ability to communicate effectively and a basic understanding of state and federal
8. Must be enthusiastic, creative, dedicated, organized and motivated to work in
9. Organized, responsible, and detail oriented.
10. Must pass drug test and background checks.
11. Have clean of criminal record and serve as a role model
12. Valid California driver‘s license, car and car Insurance
13. Bilingual is preferred.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES:
● Prepare and submit to the grantors monthly cost reimbursement invoice and expenditure report with support documents.
● Enter into Quick Books the monthly accounts receivable.
● Monitor the aging of the receivables and follow up as necessary.
Responsible for reviewing the employer reimbursement for the OJT Projects, collect W-9s and verifying Federal ID numbers.
● Enter weekly the account payable invoices allocating all expenditures to the proper program. Obtain proper approval, prepare for payment, print checks and submit to the check signers for signatures.
● Maintain paid invoices and other supporting documents.
● Maintain list of current vendors and payments.
● Prepare payroll checks as needed
● Maintain and update employee files. Insure current W-4 is on file.
● Prepare and file W-2
● Preparing the monthly bank reconciliation
● Updating and print monthly unaudited financial position including budget vs actual expenses by programs.
● Maintain and up dated agency equipment inventory
● Enroll employees in the health plan, group life insurance and pension plan.
● Participate in monthly agency staff meetings and assist with general agency activities as needed.
● Other duties as assigned by Accounting Manager and Executive Director.
COMPENSATION: Salary $3,000-$3,200 month, depending upon experience, plus excellent benefits including medical, holidays, sick leave, vacation, group life insurance, worker’s compensation and retirement plan.
Oakland Main Office: 1551 - 23rd Avenue, Oakland, CA 94606.
Office hours: Monday-Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
To Apply: Applications must include a cover letter and resume and emailed to email@example.com