Human Resources Specialist
Full-time position at 32hrs per week with a rate of $23.00/hour
Clausen House is an Oakland-based non-profit whose mission is to create opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities to gain competency, develop relationships and join the community with increasing command over their own lives. We provide a range of programs for over 180 adults by providing residential services, independent and supported living, supported employment, adult education and recreational programs. We celebrate the diversity of the bay area and work towards reflecting this diversity throughout our organization.
Clausen House is currently seeking an individual with proven Human Resource managerial experience in a small nonprofit setting. We are seeking an individual who has experience with benefits administration, recruitment, employee relations, training, compliance, workers compensation claims management, and management of personnel policy and procedures.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision, paid vacations, holidays and sick leave.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Provide support to employees by interpreting and administering Human Resource policies and procedures in order to solve problems, increase employee productivity and promote morale.
- Provide support and consultation to managers on employee relation issues.
- Update and implement personnel policies and procedures to insure compliance with law and Clausen House practices at least annual and whenever warranted
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Administer benefit plans, manage open enrollment and answer benefit inquiries. Research competitive benefit plans.
- Insure that recruitment and termination procedures are followed and evaluations are completed on time and followed.
- Maintain current employee information in all HR systems.
- Track and maintain all required employee trainings (residential ARM training tracking)
- Oversee the tracking and communication of all performance evaluations.
- Arrange and provide annual agency HR trainings (Supervisory harassment trainings and others).
- Arrange agency First Aid/CPR trainings
- Ensure completion of updated LIC 500 forms and Residential program associations through CCL.
- Provide supporting documentation for annual audit.
- Coordinate company sponsored employee events and recognition as requested.
- Review payroll documents for accuracy and compliance with company policy and labor law.
- Manage workers compensation claims process, disability and unemployment claims.
- Record all incoming revenue
- Serve as back up payroll processor when needed
- Serve on Clausen House Management team, diversity, safety and other committees as requested.
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 3 years nonprofit Human Resources experience and Supervisory experience.
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office and Internet technology.
- Strong knowledge of California employment law.
- Able to produce accurate and thorough information.
- Awareness of need to apply sound fiscal practices with regard to managing resources.
- You must also be able to pass a Criminal Justice Clearance.
- Professional casual dress attire.
- Vehicle with insurance and clean driving record, a must.