The instructor provides direct educational services to persons with developmental disabilities, teaching functional skills in the classroom and in natural environments in which consumers are expected to perform a task or activity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Provide instruction in the following domain subjects as described in the Adult Education Program Design: Self-Care, Academics, Advocacy, Community Integration, Artistic Expression, and Pre Employment.
- Skill at working with developmentally disabled adults in groups of seven imparting instruction and maintaining proper discipline for learning.
- Ability to develop lesson plans and class goals to reach individuals of different developmental levels within the same group and be concerned with the active participation and overall development of every student in the class. Lesson plans are submitted in the agreed upon time and include documented baselines, goals, objectives, plans of action and regular progress notes.
- Prepare and administer meaningful and goal oriented classes to adults with developmental disabilities at the site and in the community. Classes and activities are based on client involvement, assessments and goals.
- Participate with attendance both AM and PM and lunch duty as assigned by Director.
- Transport students in Clausen House vehicles for program activities and Friday Electives
- Completion of record keeping according to established standards and procedures. Participate in the writing of annual Individual Service Plans for each student and track progress in program with Semi-Annual reports, daily progress notes and incident reporting.
- Monitors consumers throughout program day, assisting them to classes and being responsible for their assigned group.
- Flexibility with program changes.
*REQUIRED EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required, BA preferred
- Previous experience working with adults with developmental disabilities preferably in a day program environment. *
REQUIRED SKILLS/ JOB KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to communicate with and respond to the needs of persons with developmental disabilities while always respecting their personal rights and right of self-determination.
- Necessary written communication skills to complete behavioral objectives, assessments, and data collection in a clear manner.
- A willingness to undergo a criminal records clearance, first aid and CPR training.
- Possession of a Valid California Driver’s License.
This is a full-time position at 32hrs per week with a rate of $13.00 per hour with health benefits and paid vacation, sick leave and, floating holidays.
All are encouraged to apply. Clausen House is an equal opportunity employer .