To provide the Regulatory Testing Department (RTD) with a wide range of support for projects that replace the use of animals in laboratory tests.
We offer a dynamic, nonprofit environment, and are looking for a detail-oriented professional to bring positive energy to what they do. This position is based in our Sam Simon Center in Norfolk, VA.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assist RTD staff members with administrative tasks, including arranging travel, arranging postal mailings from the office, processing credit card expense reports, processing check requests, and handling all other financial needs of the department
• Maintain standard operating procedure (SOP) documents for the department and manage the department's system on SharePoint
• Schedule internal and external meetings via Outlook and GoToMeeting. We would also look to you to help with preparing agendas, taking meeting minutes, and following up on items from departmental calls.
• Maintain the department director’s calendar and keep track of staff schedules
• Host and record meetings and webinars via GoToMeeting
• Help with planning events, such as scientific workshops and departmental retreats
• Perform online research in support of RTD staff, including locating journal articles and contact information
• Monitor links on the PETA RTD and PETA International Science Consortium websites to ensure they are working
• Monitor Federal Register announcements for items of potential interest to the department
• Serve as the department's liaison with various PETA departments and submit request forms to these departments on RTD staffers’ behalf
• Serve as the department’s liaison with PETA’s international affiliates
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Two years of experience in an office setting
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat X Pro, SharePoint, and Doodle Polls
• Demonstrated excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong working knowledge of animal rights issues and PETA campaigns
• Proven ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy
• Demonstrated effective research skills
• Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
• Support for PETA's philosophy and the ability to professionally advocate PETA's positions on issues
Please apply online:
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network