Modern mobile clinic seeking veterinarian: With over 150,000 surgeries performed since 2001, we help reduce the dog and cat overpopulation crisis in and around the pleasant river town of Norfolk in south eastern Virginia. Benefits include competitive salary, flexible hours, vacation and sick time and limited weekends! Experience in high volume surgery preferred, caring about animal welfare a must.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Perform surgical sterilizations and other surgeries as required
• Oversee and perform surgical monitoring, the administration of pre-anesthetic and anesthetic drugs, and post-surgical monitoring through discharge
• Promote the humane care and treatment of animals
• Administer vaccines to clinic patients
• Comply with the applicable state and federal laws established by the Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
• Degree in veterinary medicine from an accredited university of veterinary medicine
• Current Virginia veterinary license or ability to obtain one
• One year of experience practicing veterinary medicine preferred
• Experience with high-volume spay-and-neuter surgeries desired
• Possession of or ability to obtain a DEA controlled-substance registration
• Proven effective organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
• Willingness and ability to travel to various clinic stops throughout Hampton Roads
• A valid U.S. driver's license, a minimum of three years of driving experience, and a satisfactory driving record
• Commitment to the objectives of the mobile clinic division and its mission
Please apply online:
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network