Literacy Inc. (LINC) is an award-winning organization that mobilizes resources in high-need communities to surround children with a literacy-rich environment at home, school, and in their neighborhood. Our
2-Gen holistic approach fosters early literacy development to nurture generations of lifelong learners while also empowering parents to become literacy advocates. LINC’s vision is to harness the power that exists in every community to make literacy a value and a right of all children.
A pioneer in the field of early literacy, LINC leads several collective impact initiatives in addition to its community-based programming, and was recently awarded the 2018 and 2019 Nonprofit Excellence Awards. For more information, visit www.lincnyc.org.
Job Title: Senior Manager of Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Finance & Administration
Position Summary: Part time (4 days per week)
● The Senior Manager, Human Resources is a new role at Literacy Inc. and essential to our future success. The execution of our newly approved Strategic Plan will require significant growth and training of staff, slated to increase by 20% this year. The ideal candidate is a thoughtful and experienced HR generalist who can support LINC’s effectiveness in all areas of: Recruitment, Onboarding, Professional Development, Goal Setting/Performance Reviews, and Employee Retention and Satisfaction. The role will be based in New York City, with the flexibility of remote days and part time schedule. This position does offer full benefits.
While this position reports to the Director of Finance & Administration, the Sr. Manager of HR will work closely with members of the Executive Team, including the Executive Director.
Talent recruitment and onboarding
● Work with hiring managers to review, edit and develop job descriptions for all staff and new hires. Provide expertise and guidance on new titles and new organizational chart to ensure all are compliant with NYC and NYS regulations.
● Create compensation strategy based on outside market research and maintain strategy to keep current. ● With support from the office manager, post positions and screen applicants. Make recommendations on final candidates for in person (or zoom) interviews. Check references of final candidates. ● Manage the immediate and longer term onboarding process for all new hires with support of Exec staff. ● Work with hiring managers to help with LINC’s 30:60:90 day onboard process.
● Work with the Exec Team and Finance department on the implementation of benefit packages to staff including but not limited to Health Care, 403b plan and Section 125 Cafeteria Plan. Review options and make suggestions on improvements. Responsible for coordinating with external benefit vendors and managing claims.
● Work with an outsource insurance vendor to ensure compliance with all NYC and NYS mandated training requirements for new and existing employees.
● Manage the full scope of the Professional Development process starting with partnership with the Exec team to identify gaps in employee training and address these gaps with new professional development offerings, counseling and coaching.
● Create a mid year and annual year review process that includes goal setting and reviews of achievements. ● Support staff on growth goals and identify career ladders for all employees.
● Foster an overall atmosphere of collaboration and support by traveling to the communities and getting to know all staff. Participate in conflict mediation and bring to resolution.
● Manage the Google Drive to ensure all training, PD and LINC research and design are available to all who need it.
Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree required
5+ years of experience in a variety of HR related areas
Excellent facilitation, and verbal/written communication with demonstrated success working with diverse audiences Experience and commitment to DEI
Spanish language ability, a plus
Ability to work independently and as a member of a diverse team
Ability to travel throughout all 5 boroughs of NYC
Proven ability to problem solve, navigate ambiguity, and identify potential risks and opportunities. Humor and Can Do attitude is highly valued
Highly proficient in GSuite and Microsoft suite
To submit an application, please email your cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com, with the subject line: Senior Manager of Human Resources
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network