Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
Provides customer services support to staff by answering questions and/or directing employees to the appropriate resources. Maintains confidential personnel and benefits records and takes steps to ensure documents and files are kept confidential and secure. Assist in timely payment and tracking of departmental invoices, purchase orders, and payment requests. Provides support to HR led events and activities
Essential Job Functions:
· Enters and maintains data in the HRIS Portal
· Updates and maintains company page on HRIS Portal
· Ensure seamless New Hire on-boarding through the coordination and processing of new hire paperwork, background checks, degree verification, ID Cards and personnel file
· Prepares the New Hire Packets and set-up for New Hire Orientation.
· On-boards new hires on HRIS Portal registration and e-timesheets
· Prepares and submits Purchase Request and Payment Request Forms
· Follows up with Accounts Payable on the status of checks mailed to vendors
· Maintenance and scheduling of VP’s MS Outlook Calendar
· Coordinate and maintains HR meeting schedule
· Assist in ad-hoc projects
· Files and maintains HR related forms and information
· Participates in audits and report writing as needed
Secondary Job Functions:
· Fills in for the main reception area as needed
· Maintains training registration calendar as needed
· Supports Benefits Coordinator as needed
Supervisory Reports: None
VP Human Resources
Director of Employee Relations
Director of Compensation
· Technologically savvy; good familiarity with internet navigation
· Previous experience with an HRIS system (such as ADP) strongly preferred.
· Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities under tight deadlines
· Action oriented; takes initiative to correct problems or make changes for improvement.
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
· High School degree or equivalent, Associates degree preferred
· 2-3 years experience as a program or administrative assistant
· Good organizational skills; detail-oriented and able to keep complete and accurate records.
Able to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, approaching problems and conflicts professionally and constructively
· Non-profit experience preferred
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network