Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Associate Vice President of Community Programs utilizes outstanding management skills to oversee Safe Horizon’s community-based services and, working closely with the Vice President of the Anti-Trafficking Program, Community Programs and Hotlines, ensures quality client and clinical services in all of these program areas.
Essential Job Functions:
· Responsible for the overall management of the Community Programs.
· Responsible for ensuring quality service delivery across the Anti-Trafficking Program, Community Programs and Hotlines in accordance with Safe Horizon’s mission.
· Oversees the continued implementation of the Risking Connection trauma framework across the three program areas.
· Leads quality improvement initiatives, including developing, facilitating, and managing trainings for staff across all three program areas.
· Oversees the work of the two College Campus Coordinators engaged in work related specifically to the New York State “Enough is Enough” Law
· Provides monthly group supervision to Supervising Social Workers and Team Leaders across the three program areas.
· Provides individual supervision and ongoing support to direct reports per agency policy.
· Conducts frequent site visits to all Community Programs.
· Ensures that staff members undergo training and develop their skills utilizing concepts including trauma and critical-race theory and anti-oppressive practice.
· Plays a leading role in the development and adherence to quality improvement plans across the three program areas.
· Acts as a key spokesperson and advocate for victims of crime and abuse, positioning Safe Horizon as a leading authority on direct service to victims of crime and abuse;
· Represents Safe Horizon at conferences and in meetings, acting as a compelling advocate for Safe Horizon’s programs with internal and external stakeholders;
Supervisory Reports: 6 Direct Reports
Director, Manhattan and Bronx Community Program
Director, Brooklyn Community Program
Director, Staten Island Community
Director, Queens Community Program
2 College Campus Coordinators
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent interpersonal, platform and presentation skills to communicate with internal or external audiences;
· Strong clinical skills and deep understanding of trauma work
· Strong communication skills;
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience assessing, developing, facilitating, and leading change strategies and solutions across functional and organizational boundaries
· Ability to manage multiple complex projects;
· A sound knowledge of victimization issues
· Strong crisis management skills;
· Computer literacy and analytical skills required
· Master’s degree in social work or related field
· Five years of relevant management experience, providing supervision within a geographically dispersed social service organization.
· Successful track record working with diverse staff and client populations
· Demonstrated experience developing strategic initiatives and achieving results that are client centered to ensure that client needs are built into solutions and processes;
· Experience mentoring staff and managing work performance.
· Demonstrated ability to attract, develop, motivate and retain quality staff;
· Understanding of and commitment to Safe Horizon’s mission and strategic plan
· Demonstrated managerial experience, utilizing diplomacy, tact, discretion and negotiation skills, with a successful track record of instilling direction and leadership.
· Demonstrated experience interacting with and influencing the decision making of senior management through a consultative management style;
· Strong advocacy skills to achieve systemic change while balancing the need to work in partnership with various agencies and organizations;
· Commitment to dismantling structural racism
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: