Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Masters Level Social Worker provides both direct and indirect social service related assistance to victims of rape and sexual assault. The Masters Level Social Worker provides comprehensive services on campuses of the City University of New York (CUNY), including assessment and case management, counseling, advocacy, referrals, information workshops and support groups, to individuals and families impacted by rape and sexual assault.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide short term counseling, crisis intervention and advocacy for CUNY and private college institutions students who are victims of rape and sexual assault with criminal justice, educational and mental health systems, among others.
· Conduct client-centered intakes and in-depth safety assessments in person or over the phone. Develop risk management plans with clients, reflecting each client’s unique situation.
· Assist in the designing of and co-facilitating of support groups to victims of rape and sexual assault.
· Provide community educational workshops and presentations on campus regarding rape and sexual assault as well as the impact of trauma on victims and providers who assist them.
· Engage in service coordination and collaboration with students and school partners to ensure effective protective actions and strategies are taken on behalf of students.
None, however provides supervision to student interns.
Knowledge and Skills:
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: