New Destiny Housing Corporation, a citywide nonprofit developer of service-enriched housing, owns and operates almost 200 units of permanent affordable rental housing in 6 properties in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan and two temporary shelters. Another 400 units are currently under development. Half of our units are set-aside for a special needs population: homeless domestic violence survivors.
New Destiny is seeking a Leasing and Compliance Manager to oversee the rent up of new projects and vacant units in existing properties and ensure that New Destiny’s properties are well-managed, operate with positive cash flows and meet funder requirements.
New Destiny’s housing has been developed with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) in conjunction with City and State capital programs for affordable and supportive housing. The Leasing and Compliance Manager’s activities will focus on four main goals: (1) ensuring the timely rent up of new projects and selected applicants meet project requirements, (2) facilitating the turn around of vacant units in existing projects in accordance with project requirements, (3) ensuring compliance with capital funder and investor requirements and federal, local and state laws, and (3) monitoring the property management and maintenance of the buildings performed by a third party manager. The Leasing & Compliance Manager is a full-time staff position reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Plan and implement the rent up of new projects and facilitate the timely rent up of vacant units in existing projects.
2) Administer the ESSHI rental subsidies received from NYS to ensure that New Destiny is receiving timely reimbursement and that projects are receiving appropriate subsidy payments in a reasonable timeframe.
3) Serve as liaison with the third-party property manager, managing monthly meetings, and contacting the manager as necessary to collect information or raise issues.
4) Analyze monthly reports prepared by the third-party property manager showing revenues and expenditures and budget-to-actual variances of existing properties to gauge the property manager’s performance and raise questions where appropriate.
5) Distribute tenant legal notices to New Destiny social service staff and make recommendations, as appropriate, to address arrears and legal issues.
6) Ensure timely submission of all compliance reports for funders and tax credit investors including quarterly financial and occupancy reports, working closely with New Destiny’s fiscal department, social service department and the third-party property manager.
7) Ensure that quarterly inspections of the properties are conducted by an independent third party.
8) Work with third-party property manager to plan and execute repairs as necessary, including assessing the scope of work, cost, and timeframe.
9) Ensure that reserve accounts are maintained in appropriate amounts and funded in a timely manner.
10) Review building violations reports quarterly to ensure that they are being addressed in a timely manner.
11) Engage in other activities as appropriate.
Competitive salary and benefits package. Email resume (SUBJECT: Leasing and Compliance Manager) and cover letter to New Destiny at Resumes@NewDestinyHousing.org.