Global Potential (GP) empowers youth and communities to energize each other through education, international service work and cultural exchange. GP is an 18-month transformative after-school summer program that works with 500 youth a year in Boston, New York and Paris, France. The GP program includes 16.5 months of workshops locally and 1.5 months of international cultural exchange in the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Nicaragua or domestic programming in Boston, New York, or Paris. GP vision is that as youth develop, communities develop.
GP vision is that as youth develop, communities develop.
We are seeking a highly motivated, focused individual to develop the company image by creating and implementing effective communication and media relations programs. The Public Relations Coordinator is in charge of strong relationships with media.
Public Relations Coordinator maintains GP’s public relations initiatives targeting donors.
• Coordinate all public relations activities
• Evaluate opportunities for partnerships and sponsorships on an on-going basis
• Work in collaboration with social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
• Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
• Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
• Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
• Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within prospective donors
• Manage media inquiries and interview requests
• Update and maintain media contact database
Qualifications and Skills:
• A bachelor's degree preferably in English, communications, journalism, business, or
• 3+ years of experience in public relations required, preferably for the non profit sector
• Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns
• Strong relationships with media outlets, a reach into the Dominican and Haitian diaspora
Communities (preferred, but not required)
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Event planning experience.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network