Silicon Valley Community Foundation is seeking an engaging, energetic and experienced leader for its donor services department. Reporting to the Chief Donor Engagement and Services Officer, The Vice President, Donor Services is responsible for enabling a world-class donor experience through providing oversight of timely and compliant grants to nonprofits – both domestic and international, management of a talented, high performing staff, and cross-departmental leadership in support of SVCF donor service standards, while also participating as a member of SVCF's leadership and operations team.
• In partnership with the division leaders, communicate and implement the vision, mission, and overall direction of donor services internally and externally.
• Ensure annual goals and strategies are aligned with the SVCF strategic plan and are successfully implemented and accomplished.
• Oversee the timely, accurate, and compliant processing of grants from all community foundation funds.
• Monitor industry best practices and IRS policy related to community foundation grantmaking and evaluate alignment to SVCF policies.
• Work with grants directors to ensure grant compliance with IRS regulations and community foundation policies and make decisions of when to escalate to outside legal counsel.
• Provide guidance to grants team in establishing internal risk thresholds for compliance and other ad hoc decisions.
• Foster growth of best practices in the supporting areas of grant management including systems, data management, communication, and customer service.
• Review and provide guidance on complex grant agreements, and policy interpretation as needed.
• Manage the donor services team in their progress towards departmental goals; oversee management reporting.
• Act as a thought leader in donor services and represent SVCF externally through participation in events and conferences and contributions to blogs and related news articles.
• Work closely with the Vice President, Donor Engagement to support the division’s values, strategies, and operating norms.
• Work closely with the Vice President of IT to ensure that the online experience for donors is consistent with our high standards for customer service. Assist in designing new products and services for the online system.
• Participate as an active member of SVCF’s leadership team and operations team, providing regular input and feedback.
• Working with the division leadership, create the annual department budget; monitor spending against budget throughout the fiscal year.
• Bachelor’s Degree and ten years relevant work experience required. Master’s Degree in Business, Sociology, Public Policy, English or related discipline preferred.
• 10+ years demonstrated experience in donor services and/or grantmaking for community-based organizations and/or foundations.
• Legal background or experience in compliance related to grantmaking from donor advised funds or foundations.
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly, and present new concepts or directions with clarity and transparency.
• Demonstrated leadership and management experience – believes in optimizing team performance and empowering ownership.
• Strong networker with ability to build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation and listening skills for multiple and diverse audiences.
• Excellent group facilitation and one-on-one coaching/mentoring skills.
• Ability to adapt to new and changing situations.
• Ability to explain complex concepts clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in a way that encourages participation and demonstrates understanding.
• Excellent people and project management skills, with an ability to work with diverse groups in multicultural environments.
• Willing to approach situations and challenges with an open mind and opportunity to innovate.