The Institutional Giving Coordinator is an integral part of the Institutional Giving Team and is responsible for supporting the cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship of institutional donors to the SPLC, such as professional foundations, corporations, and donor-advised funds. The Institutional Giving Coordinator reports to the Director of Institutional Giving.
Primary Job Functions:
• Coordinate all institutional giving activities
• Provide high quality administrative support
• Ensuring accurate data management
• Assist in the writing, editing, and proofreading of grant proposals for institutional foundations;
• Conduct prospect research for new foundations and corporate donors
• Development and implementation of effective cultivation and stewardship plans
• Manage the year-round calendar of proposal and report deadlines
• Assist with the general operations of the Development Department as needed. Interacts with: Development Department, program staff, donors, funders.
Qualifications – Education and Related Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 years of administrative and project-based work experience, preferably in a non-profit institution
• Experience and familiarity with databases
• Proficiency in data and task management
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Commitment to the SPLC’s mission to fight hate, seek justice, and teach tolerance
• Must be able to multi-task; strong attention to detail
• Good sense of humor and ability to work in a diverse environment
• Must be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions. Occasional travel may be required.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network