The Food Service Worker is responsible for assisting in the implementation of food services, in a Head Start program serving children. Responsibilities include: assisting in preparing attractive, USDA-approved meals, keeping the kitchen and classroom areas clean and sanitary according to Health Department ordinances, and maintaining adequate food stocks, kitchen supplies, and nutrition records.
• Understand and uses child nutritional needs and age-specific portion sizes to prepare meals in accordance with USDA guidelines
• Understand and strictly adheres to health, safety, food handling, and sanitation requirements before, during and after meal preparation
• Perform physical inventory of equipment and/or supplies
• Wash and store dishes, clean and sanitize food transport carrier daily
• Dispose of garbage daily
• Maintain, and be aware of, child or adult food-specific allergies
• Maintain and track all required data daily
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• Basic computer literacy in email, word processing, and internet navigation
• Knowledge of early childhood nutrition, a plus
• Able to lift and move heavy and/or bulky objects weighing up to 50 lbs daily
• Successfully pass a physical examination, and all Head Start/licensing required background checks
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network