Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions: Acelero Learning is a direct provider Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin). Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high quality services through Shine Assist and Shine Implement programs.
We are seeking an inspired, collaborative professional to join us as a Human Resources Generalist for the Wisconsin program. Reporting to the Human Resource Business Partner, the Human Resources Generalist (HGR) is responsible for performing a wide variety of Human Resource operational activities. Specific duties include supporting the areas of recruitment, retention, learning and development, performance management, employee policy and procedure, records management, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and legal compliance.The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to customer service and quality Human Resource practice. He/she can balance a variety of demands and priorities and can deliver high quality service in a fast-paced, dynamic atmosphere.
* Responsible for supporting all Human Resource activities including, but not limited to employee relations, total rewards, training/development, reporting, and compliance.
* Establish effective partnerships with various teams to facilitate the provision of strategic HR services. This will require frequent travel to centers.
* Facilitate pre-hire onboarding activities and new employee orientations, which includes coordinating, scheduling, and delivering HR-facilitated sessions.
* Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries, and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements when identified.
* Maintain Human Resource databases, computer software systems, and manual/electronic filing systems, which includes keeping employee data updated and accurate as well as providing technical support as requested.
* Drive assigned Human Resource projects to successful completion.
* Perform specific research/investigation into operational issues, which may include preparing and analyzing information to effectively carry out the functions of the HR team, delegate, and company.
* Participate in assigned meetings, professional development, and training as required.
* Assist and participate in the employee leave management and worker compensation process including meeting with employees and managers.
* Any/all other duties as assigned.
* Provide back-up support to the HRBP and HR Administrator as required.
* Attend relevant workshops, seminars, and conferences to stay abreast of current HR trends and practices.
* Assist with managing employee communication and feedback mechanisms.
* Assist with the maintenance of accurate and complete employee personnel records.
* Serve on teams, committees, or projects workgroups as assigned.
* Performs any and all other duties (or functions) as assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; PHR, SHRM-CP or an equivalent certification preferred. Associates Degree in related field required
* A minimum of three years (3) years of Human Resource experience required. Human Resources Generalist background preferred with some experience in the areas of recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, organizational development, employee relations, and learning and development
* Prior experience working in Head Start or early childhood education or related field a plus
* Bilingual language skills (Spanish or Arabic) preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to support the mission, vision, and values of Acelero/Shine Early Learning and abide by applicable standards of conduct, policies and procedures
* Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to analyze data and provide recommendations
* Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; demonstrated flexibility to handle multiple priorities; Demonstrated attention to detail and maintaining the highest degree of accuracy is a must
* Computer literacy skills, including proficiency in MS Office and Google Apps; Proficiency with HRIS and ATS required; Experience with Taleo and Paycom preferred
* Ability to interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
* Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.