Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning is a provider of direct Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada and Wisconsin).
Shine Assist, part of our Shine Early Learning division, is a training and technical assistance unit which partners with other Head Start providers to improve their programs through hands-on training, access to our proprietary tools which have demonstrable impact on child outcomes, and the use of our Shine Insight data system.
Shine Implement, the newest unit within Shine Early Learning, manages the delivery of Head Start services for a select group of partners through a suite of services including oversight of educational, family services and program design activities, provision of our proprietary tools, and the use of our Shine Insight data system.
We are seeking an inspired and collaborative individual to join our Acelero- Wisconsin team as a Director of Monitoring & Compliance.
The Director of Monitoring & Compliance serves as the administrative and operational leader of a group of Centers, and works collaboratively with senior leadership to build a culture of excellence and accountability.
With dotted lines to the Center Directors, s/he provides direct administrative oversight of the following key tasks:
* Provides monitoring oversight to assure that all Centers in Program are fully compliant with Head Start Performance Standards, state licensing regulations and Shine Early Learning’s Integrated Service Plan and Policies and Procedures.
* Builds a Program level team that effectively communicates to coordinate services and support, resolve compliance concerns in a timely manner and establishes a culture of excellence.
* Acts as a liaison to senior leadership in HR, IT, Operations, Finance to develop and implement administrative systems that operate seamlessly to allow Center Directors and Service Area leadership to reduce time allocated to administrative tasks.
* Works with the Director of Operations to consistently monitor center Health and Safety, including adherence with all licensing requirements.
* Consistently reports to Director regarding areas of non-compliance, Health & Safety issues and corrective action plans.
* Provides support to operations department by monitoring ticket system and providing oversight to facilities staff (in coordination with the Director of Operations) as necessary to ensure timely ticket follow through.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* With the Director of Operations, oversees monthly Health and Safety monitoring to ensure timely communication with regarding outstanding health and safety concerns.
* Ensures that all Centers maintain up-to-date licensing in all required areas and that proper documentation/follow up is completed after licensing visits.
* Owns relationships with state licensing specialist and develops strong back and forth communication to support the needs of the program and meet all state licensing requirements.
* Analyzes and mitigates risk to the Program (attendance issues, low enrollment, licensing issues) by proactively monitoring; developing an action plan and coordinating with CD and Family Services lead to execute the plan.
* Receives and acts upon significant incidents, accident reports and/or any complaints and concerns expressed by staff, parents and community, subsequently shared with Director.
* Coordinates with Service Area leads (Family Services, CD and others as appropriate) to conduct Self-Assessment System for Continuous Improvement and Evaluation (SASCIE) processes and validation visits. Develops and carries out action plans to promote quality improvement based upon SASCIE ratings.
* Works in coordination with delegate and grantee leadership to carry out other monitoring and quality improvement activities.
* Facilitates professional development workshops as appropriate.
* All other duties that may be assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree
* Ability to multi-task, work independently, efficiently organize and communicate effectively with off-site supervisors
* Ability to communicate effectively in written or verbal format to groups of all sizes and individuals.
* Passion for helping children and families and a drive to close the achievement gap
* Educational industry experience is a plus. Pre-K or previous Head Start experience even better.
* Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office® products
* Ability to quickly and clearly synthesize information
* Exceptional problem-solving abilities and the ability to use data to make decisions. Pass physical examination, background check, and fingerprinting screen
* Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed
* Current driver’s license, reliable transportation and ability to travel out of state on occasion
* Reliable transportation and/or state-mandated minimum insurance coverage(s) on your vehicle
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: