Americans for Immigrant Justice (AI Justice – formerly FIAC), a not-for-profit law firm founded in 1996 to protect and promote the basic human rights of immigrants, has a multicultural and a multilingual staff. AI Justice has represented clients from around the world and is recognized as a powerful advocate and national leader for immigrants' rights. AI Justice works closely with traditional civil rights organizations as well as with grassroots organizations and local, state and national government officials to effect positive change in immigration policies.
AI Justice is seeking a qualified, temporary Data Entry Specialist for its work with unaccompanied immigrant children. Under the supervision of the Director of Administration & Resource Management, the Data Entry Specialist will maintain accurate client data, and provide reports as required by various grants and contracts.
This is a short-term, temporary position as funding for this position will only be available as long as the Office of Refugee and Resettlement (ORR) shelter remains open in Homestead, FL.
The data entry specialist will be responsible for following duties:
- Maintain client information in AI Justice’s database program, Legal Server (LS), for use by advocates as well as internal and external reports.
- Enter client data for the Children’s Legal Project into Vera Institute of Justice data base (Caspio) for submission to funder.
- Ensure accuracy of required client data entered by legal staff for reports to funders and others.
- Develop and generate reports; compile and evaluate pertinent data for reports to management and funders
- Scan cases directly into client’s LS case profile to eliminate the need for paper files.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Fluency in written and verbal Spanish and English preferable.
- The ideal candidate for this position will be energetic, friendly and responsible.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of client database systems preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with children from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
Education: High school degree preferred. Previous work experience in data entry may be considered.
Not-for-profit experience helpful.
How to apply
To Apply: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write CHILDREN'S LEGAL PROGRAM CONTRACT DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST in the subject line. You may also mail your resume to Human Resources, Americans for Immigrant Justice, 3000 Biscayne Blvd., #400, Miami, FL 33137, or send by fax to 305-576-6273. PLEASE DO NOT CALL and DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Interviews: Top candidates will be invited to interview and submit references. AI Justice is an EOE/AA employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED