The Assistant Director of Human Resources works under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources. The position has the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for all workers’ compensation claims and related reports;
• Responsible for all unemployment claims and related reports;
• Assists in TRLA compliance with provisions and regulations under ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, OSHA, Workers' Compensation, FMLA, ADA, Pensions, 401(k)/403(b), 125 plan and other related policies;
• Assists in the compilation of statistical data reports as required by funding sources;
• Oversight of TRLA in-house volunteer program, including maintaining records and preparing required reports;
• Responsible for coordination of new employee orientation regarding TRLA policies and reporting and documentation of policy and procedure changes;
• Responsible for documentation of all non-TRLA loan repayment requirements and opportunities;
• Communicates with Recruitment Coordinator regarding positions to be posted or which have been filled;
• Maintenance of personnel files, ensuring that required documentation is filed;
• Manages the reporting and documentation of probationary employee evaluations and required annual staff evaluations;
• Oversees the record retention process for terminated personnel files;
• Assists in benefits compliance training;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
1. College degree;
2. Experience in human resources
3. Proficient with PC computing, Microsoft Office applications, and Internet research.
4. Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
5. Self-starter with ability to work independently.
6. Excellent organizational skills
7. Strong communication skills
8. Knowledge of state/federal labor law preferred.
9. Ability to travel to office locations.