Institutional Giving Manager
826LA is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting students ages 6 to 18 with their creative and expository writing skills, and to helping teachers inspire their students to write. Our services are structured around the understanding that great leaps in learning can happen with one-on-one attention, and that strong writing skills are fundamental to future success. With this in mind we provide after-school tutoring, evening and weekend workshops, in-school tutoring, support for English language learners, and we produce student publications. All of our programs are offered at no cost to students and families, are challenging and enjoyable, and ultimately strengthen each student's power to express ideas effectively, creatively, confidently, and in the student’s individual voice.
The Institutional Giving Manager leads the management of relationships and funding opportunities with corporate, foundation, and government partners. Working with the Director of Advancement & Events, this role is responsible for researching, writing, reporting, tracking, and managing relationships to support a fundraising goal of $1.86M in FY2022.
This position is FULL TIME, and the flexibility to work some evenings and weekends is necessary. Benefits include two weeks vacation, participation in 826LA’s health and dental care plan, 401K, and life insurance plan. Salary range is $65-72K and is commensurate with experience.
[Created using the MOCHA model]
● Manages the research of corporate, foundation, and government funding sources to create a pipeline for new funding and plans and implements grant strategy to meet annual and long-term fundraising goals;
● Owns the researching, drafting, editing, and submission of letters of intent, proposals, and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders;
● Helps run reports in Salesforce for proposals, budgets, and reports;
● Owns the calendar of deadlines, records institutional donor activities in Salesforce, and tracks progress towards goals;
● Manages the appropriate recognition, invoicing, and reporting for all grants and contracts;
● Manages site visits with funders and prepare materials for funding meetings;
● Helps with the annual financial audit process;
● With Director of Advancement & Events (DA&E) and Executive Director (ED), builds and maintains strong, positive relationships with institutional donors. Supports and prepares DA&E and ED for meetings with institutional donors and participates in meetings and calls as assigned;
● Manages AmeriCorps VISTA and Summer Associates partnership applications, reports, and administration;
● Participates in monthly 826 Network development calls, and annual professional development sessions;
● Applies the tenets of Community-Centric Fundraising (CCF) to role and seeks out engagement with CCF networking and development opportunities;
● Embeds EDAI-focused goals and ideals in all aspects of work;
● Reports to the Director of Advancement & Events.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate they have:
● Passion for 826LA’s mission and values;
● Extraordinary written and oral communication skills with the ability to connect a wide range of audiences with 826LA’s vision;
● At least 3 years of grant writing/grant management experience;
● Proven track record of researching, engaging, and maintaining relationships with stakeholders;
● Ability to self-motivate, work independently, and contribute to a team;
● Enthusiastic and creative problem-solving abilities;
● Ability to successfully address challenges and make decisions in alignment with strategic organizational objectives;
● Proven organizational, prioritization, and project management skills;
● Experience with Salesforce a big plus;
● Spanish language skills a big plus;
● A love of books, writing, and/or publishing.
How to apply:
In order to be considered for the Institutional Giving Manager position, you must thoroughly complete this online application, and send the following to jobs@826LA.org:
1. A cover letter that includes a summary of your relevant experience and a specific explanation of why you are interested in working at 826LA
2. A detailed resume
3. A list of three references
Please include your name and "Institutional Giving Manager" in the subject line.
Please note that only complete applications - with cover letter, resume, and references sent to jobs@826LA.org- will be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
826LA prioritizes and incorporates Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in all facets of the organization, including internships. 826LA’s staff reflects the diverse student population the organization serves in terms of race and ethnicity. Interns of all ages and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. 826LA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and highly encourages persons of color, LGBTQIA persons, gender non-conforming persons, persons with disabilities and any other protected groups per local, state and federal law are encouraged to apply for this position.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network