Wayfinder Family Services (Wayfinder), is seeking DSP's for our five (5) Children & Adult Homes. In a warm, loving group home setting (6 residents per home), DSP's provide 24/7 professional care to blind/visually impaired, emotionally disturbed and/or multi-disabled children and adults ages 5-55. As a DSP, you will be responsible for providing compassionate care and assistance, making a positive difference in the daily life of our residents.
This is a non-exempt position that reports directly to the Group Home Administrator.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
At Wayfinder safety is our #1 concern for both our staff and our clients. We are going above and beyond the recommendations of the CDC because we at Wayfinder feel it is important to provide to our staff the best and safest equipment possible.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct care to residents to increase daily living skills, cognitive development, socialization and behavior management.
• Provide supervision and support for our clients in meeting their goals as per each individual program.
• Assist clients with daily living needs and socialization's skills such as meals preparation, hygiene, groom, dress, exercise, and communication.
• Assist clients with prescribed medications.
• Develop a rapport with residents while building a caring and supportive relationship.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• High School Diploma required.
• A minimum six months experience working with special needs, medically fragile, and/or developmentally disabled population, preferably in a residential settings.
• DSP 1 & DSP 2 certification preferred.
• Prior experience and compliance with Title 17 & Title 22 preferred.
• CPI or Pro-Act certification preferred.
• Valid CA Driver License with a minimum of three (3) years good driving history to be approved by the agency’s insurance carrier to drive agency vehicles.
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive salary (DOE)
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Long Term Disability
Long term Care
Flexible spending benefit options including qualified transportation
401(K) retirement plan with a 4% employer match after qualification
Generous Paid Time Off
10 Paid Holidays
Education Assistance Program
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network