TXT: Teens Exploring Technology is a nationally recognized not for profit organization focused on inspiring young men of color to become confident leaders who use technology as a tool to improve marginalized communities. Our interdisciplinary curriculum develops leadership, entrepreneurship, design and coding skills among underrepresented teens: 1) A Summer Coding Leadership Academy at USC, 2) an after-school program focused on app development, STEM Careers, and Computer Science, 3) “The Cube”, a “hacker” space for kids to work collaborative on creative ideas, design thinking, and new apps, a safe haven open until 7 PM.
Programs Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Hustle N Code hackathon, Junior SCLA, alumni activities/outreach, events. This person will coordinate relationships with corporate partners, school leaders, alumni, and volunteers. This person will report directly to the Director of Programs and provides support for all programs. The candidate needs to be highly organized and take initiative. Candidate must be passionate about improving the lives of young Black and Latino boys in marginalized communities.
• Coordinate the Hustle and Code Hack-a-thons details of the event which include outreach, location, volunteer recruitment, marketing, catering and décor;
• Coordinate Jr.SCLA that focuses current middle school students which will be a pipeline to the Summer Coding Leadership Academy
• Coordinate partners, volunteers, contractors relating to the Hack-a-thon and vendors etc.
• Assist the Director of Programs with alumni outreach, mentorship program and outreach.
• Coordinate outreach efforts in regards to corporate volunteers;
• Coordinate community and database among volunteers for special events;
• Assist in building strong relationships with partners (i.e schools, corporate, and families);
• Assist in maintaining relationships with all TXT partners;
• Conduct volunteer orientation and training;
• Assist with developing experiences for volunteers to engage with parents and students in regards to social justice and computer science initiatives;
• Coordinate TXT events to improve CS and Tech education in underserve communities;
• Develop and coordinate marketing for programs.
• Others duties as assigned.
• Strong believer in the mission of TXT and improving the lives of underserve young men of color;
• Knowledge of community organizing
• Bachelor Degree, preferably with relevant work experience or fast leaner;
•Experience in volunteer management • Experience in coordinating events
• Self-starter, problem solver, and innovator who likes being in an agile space;
• Comfortable teaching and leading workshops for teens, volunteers and the community;
• Have the ability to communicate with and write to varied partners, including teachers and students;
• Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize task, and highly organized in a fluid fast-paced environment;
• Demonstrate efficiency in completing work in a timely manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Spanish is a plus but not required;
• Take on responsibilities with creativity, initiative, ands elf-direction
• Passion for personal growth, preferred Four or more years of experience in a professional role.
• Open to working on Saturdays
Submit resume and cover letter by visiting:
A video instead of a cover letter is welcomed but not required.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network