POSITION TITLE: Priority Services Representative
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Priority Services Sales Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Year-round, Part-Time morning and evening shifts, 25 plus hours per week required
COMPENSATION: Hourly, Plus Commission & Bonuses
BENEFIT STATUS: 401 (k), Paid Sick Leave
DEPARTMENT: Priority Services
About The Company
At Center Theatre Group, we believe theatre creates an extraordinary connection between artists and audiences. As one of the nation’s most influential nonprofit theatre companies, we provide the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages and backgrounds across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
Under the leadership of Artistic Director Michael Ritchie and Managing Director/CEO Meghan Pressman, we recognize that our mission is only fully realized with the passionate efforts of our staff. We collaborate across the organization to proudly continue our more than 50-year tradition of using the art of theatre to broaden horizons and illuminate new perspectives, be it on our stages, in communities across L.A., or with artists and theatre partners around the world.
As staff, we embrace our differences, celebrateour individuality, and share in our passion for art all while balancing professionalism and fun. We come together to see the shows across our stages, monthly all-staff meetings to share the latest happenings across the organization, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, opportunities to watch readings and rehearsals of new works, volunteer efforts around L.A., our hotly anticipated annual holiday party, playing with and cheering on our staff softball team, and outings to watch the Los Angeles Dodgers. And most importantly, we’re committed to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are rooted in all levels and aspects of our work, including through our staff-led Affinity Groups.
At Center Theatre Group, we aim to attract, nurture, and retain staff in a supportive home where we can all be our best selves. And we ensure that our staff, audiences, and artists are appreciated, empowered, and inspired.
The Priority Services Representative, makes outbound sales calls to potential patrons to engage and sell subscriptions to Center Theatre Group’s Theatre Season.
1. Makes out-bound sales calls. Makes a strong effort to maximize volume of calls, contact levels and sales. Supports the sales goals for the seasonal campaigns.
2. Maintains minimum sales goals and hours set by the Priority Services department.
3. Maintains an enthusiastic positive rapport with patrons by providing complete assistance and correct information with the utmost deference and friendliness when taking subscription orders.
4. Maintains accurate records of all sales, both on patron order forms and for daily timecards, patron lead sheets and any other forms required by the department and company.
5. Attends all training sessions and has complete knowledge of the productions being presented as part of the season for the Ahmanson, Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatres. Has total knowledge of CTG ticketing policies and how they relate to the patrons subscription order.
6. Is a member of the annual renewal campaigns, if all requirements have been met.
7. Maintains Center Theatre Group and Priority Services’ high standard of customer service and professionalism when dealing with all patrons and staff.
8. All other duties as assigned.
1. Attends an annual development review with the Director of Priority Services.
2. Maintains a clean and neat environment in the Priority Services Bungalow.
3. Makes considerable effort to attend all productions offered by Center Theatre Group as offered.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Knowledge and essential skills
1. Sales skills with a friendly and service-oriented demeanor
2. General knowledge of live theatre
3. Ability to work in a cohesive and respectful manner with fellow staff members
4. Ability to communicate effectively and create an excellent rapport with people outside the organization, representing the organization to patrons in an articulate and persuasive manner telephonically and in-person
5. Familiarity with telephone systems and office equipment
Essential functions and capabilities
1. Ability to speak English fluently is essential
2. Bilingual is a plus but not mandatory
3. Ability to write legibly
4. Ability to sit in workstation, write and be on the telephone for long periods of time
Education, Experience and Licensing
1. High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
2. MUST have prior experience attending theatrical productions and have a passion for theatre
3. Theatre Education/Experience helpful
4. Sales experience desirable
All employees are required to pass a background check.
Compensation is Hourly, Plus Commission & Bonuses. Commission structure ranges are from 5% to 11% based on weekly sales. Parking provided. CTG also offers a partial benefits package for this position to those who qualify.
Monday-Thursday evenings & Sunday evenings
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday mornings
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter to: CTGjobs@CTGLA.org
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.
You turn to The Non Profit Network to post your jobs for free! We have lost our funding from the Non Profit that funded this site and we ask your help to keep this site going. Please do your part. It takes just a couple of minutes to make sure that The Non Profit Network is there for you and everybody else. Benefits of contributing click here to know.
Thank you so much!
-The Non Profit Network