LA STAGE Alliance is hiring a part-time (30 hours per week) Communications Manager. This position’s main responsibilities are to maintain an annual communications calendar, implement a communications strategy for outreach to the organization’s constituents and the general public, and generate marketing assets/graphics (both digital and printed).
The Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director. Specific responsibilities include:
• Newsletters: Designing and sending a quarterly newsletter, sending bi-monthly Ovation Awards newsletter, developing/maintaining current contact lists (in CRM) and encouraging more newsletter sign-up, thereby cultivating a growing network of followers.
• Event Promotion: Sending targeted outreach (to Allies, members, subscribers, etc.) for events via email, Yahoo groups, and various networks; managing event listings on external sites, and sending out all promotional emails.
• LA STAGE Allies (Individual Membership Program): The Communications Manager acts as a liaison for individual members of LA STAGE Alliance; fulfilling donor perks (creating and mailing cards and collateral), communicating at least monthly with members, keeping them informed and updating them on company events, maintaining a master tracking list of Allies and perk fulfillment, and responsible for growing the program.
• Organizational Membership Program: The Communications Manager acts as liaison for organizational members, assisting the membership manager with adding digital copy of application to CRM member account, tracking new members for subsequent newsletter mentions, announcing new members on social media and updating member list on the website.
• Ovation Awards, Media & Sponsors: This position cultivates sponsors and media partners for the Ovation ceremony; does outreach and targeted marketing & keeps track of all fulfillment of sponsor perks.
• Social Media: On social media, the Communications Manager manages Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts daily, managing YouTube, Google+ accounts as needed, manages paid promotions for events and various organizational activity, and maintains a consistent institutional voice throughout all social platforms.
• Publicity: The Communications Manager is the liaison for the company publicist. The position also manages relationships with photographers and videographers for LA STAGE Alliance events.
• Advertising: This position is the point of contact for ad buyers looking for digital advertising or podcast ads, sends weekly ad reports to Finance Manager and cultivates new advertisers.
• Marketing and Design: This position creates all graphics, flyers, signs used to advertise events and updates the website, organizational brochures, rulebooks; while maintaining branding and graphics styles consistent across platforms.