At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Phoenix House of Lake View Terrace is currently seeking a Supervising Nurse. The position is responsible for managing the activities and daily operations of all health services activities of the assigned health needs of adolescent children. It includes health assessment, communicable disease control, state mandated screenings, first aid and disaster preparedness, immunization follow-up, utilization of approved community resources, and health education of students (if applicable) and staff.
The Supervising Nurse also reviews policies and procedures, systems, reports, and data to ensure Phoenix House remains in compliance with the medical standards set forth by the Federal Government, State of California, the governing County, and other contract partners.
• BA or BS from an accredited college or university, and possession of a valid active California (CA) Registered Nurse (RN) License and two years of experience.
• General supervision is exercised over Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), and other staff associated with nursing duties, or the maintenance of nursing related clinical records.
• Responsible for assuring and maintaining confidentiality over all medical records.
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining medical supplies and all facility first aid equipment and supplies.
• Responsible for maintaining medical office and for insuring all medicines are safely and securely stored.
• Arranges for additional medical services or health seminars both on and off-site, as needed.
• Oversees and participates in the administration of tuberculoses test to staff as indicated by Phoenix House procedures.
Please send your resume and employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org with Nurse Supervisor-LVT in the Subject. Should you choose, please send your completed voluntary EEO/OFFCP forms found on phoenixhouse.jobs for assistance with our diversity efforts.