At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
We are currently seeking a Director of Mental Health for our Lake View Terrace Academy. The Director of Mental Health provides leadership, administrative management, and clinical direction of the residential and outpatient mental health programs. The Director is responsible for the effective delivery of trauma informed and evidenced based services for both residential and outpatient adolescent co-occurring disorders programs for high-risk youth and their families.
• LMFT/ LCSW required; two years post licensure, preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s preferred
• At least two years of leadership, management, and clinical supervisory experience overseeing therapeutic staff in a substance abuse/mental health treatment environment, preferred.
• Knowledge and experience in the delivery of evidenced based practices, such as Seeking Safety; CBI-SA, Matrix, MAP, Strengthening Families etc.
• Lead and direct the overall management, organization, strategy, and operations of the residential and outpatient mental health program.
• Provide administrative and clinical supervision to both paraprofessionals, and pre-licensed and licensed clinicians.
• Manage annual operating budget to ensure the fiscal operation of the program meets annual budget expectations.
• Reviews and approves all clinical documentation (full assessments, client treatment plans, and treatment progress) and conducts regular quality assurance and quality improvement reviews to ensure that all appropriate record-keeping is performed on a timely basis and that all governing agency regulations are fulfilled.
• Monitors and ensures clinical staff meets the agency productivity expectations and initiates timely and appropriate performance improvement plan/corrective actions.
• Collaborates with Admissions and Outreach Department to ensure sufficient referrals to maintain staff caseload.
• Responsible for employee staffing, on-boarding, retention, and administration across the program.
• Institutes and supports employee supervision and coaching system that supports employee development and advancement.
• Oversee and coordinate efforts to ensure program meets or exceeds performance standards as established by agency, regulatory bodies (DMH, SAPC, and CARF), contractors, and other agency stakeholders.
Please send your resume and employment application to email@example.com with Dir Mental Health in the Subject. Should you choose, please send your completed voluntary EEO/OFFCP forms found on phoenixhouse.jobs for assistance with our diversity efforts.