Imagine LA ends the cycle of family homelessness by mobilizing trained mentors, collaborative public and private resources, and community leaders who understand that a roof over one’s head is merely the starting point to a better life.
Imagine LA trains, matches and guides teams of volunteers to work with families emerging from homelessness or at severe risk of homelessness to maintain their housing, to attain self-sufficiency and to ensure that every family member thrives. Imagine LA’s innovative Family Empowerment & Mentorship model matches every family member with a one-on-one mentor; plus every family gets a Budget Mentor; and other volunteers help with tutoring, career development, childcare, healthcare, meal-planning and more.
Our families, Imagine LA staff and the mentor team work to achieve three main goals for the family: 1) maintain housing, 2) achieve self-sufficiency, and 3) ensure every family member thrives. Imagine LA actively tracks the progress of our current families and our program graduates. To date, the impact of our model is outstanding:
• 100% of graduated families maintained permanent housing
• 100% of children achieved grade level school proficiency
• 100% of high-school aged youth graduated and pursued higher education
• 100% of participants (adults and children) received annual medical and dental exams
• 100% of parents significantly increased their financial literacy skills and their average family earned income increased by 162%
Together, week-by-week family members build relationships, skills and habits. Month-by-month we see confidence build, income, grades, and wellness rise. Parents get on career tracks, kids excel in school and go to college. Ultimately, the family’s journey goes from barely surviving to thriving.
To learn how you can be a vital part of a family's journey
out of the cycle of homelessness, poverty and neglect.
Contact Ciera Thornton at 323.944.0210 x1005 or email@example.com