PRIMARY Under supervision of the SCSEP Project Director – LA,
RESPONSIBILITIES: positionassists with the day-to-day operation of the SCSEP Los Angeles project. The Bilingual Project Coordinator helps to ensure full compliance with the rules and regulations of the SCSEP program including achieving annual performance measures established by the U.S. Department of Labor.
1. Supports the LA Project Director in managing the SCSEP LA project, including the supervision and direction of NAPCA staff and SCSEP participants assigned to the project office.
2. Assists in maintaining ongoing contact with 501 (c)(3) organizations and government agencies as a source to recruit applicants and host agencies. Enrolls qualified applicants into program and conducts the necessary orientation and complete the paperwork required by DOL and NAPCA.
3. Conducts Individual Employment Plan (IEP) and assessment in a timely manner. Assists in monitoring each participant and host agency to ensure that participants’ training assignments are consistent with IEP in accordance with DOL and NAPCA guidelines.
4. Ensures that job development services are provided and develops strategies to enhance participants’ preparedness and abilities to seek out job opportunities. Coordinates with public and private sectors in planning job fairs, and facilitates job opportunities for participants.
5. Assists in coordinating with NAPCA payroll staff to ensure that required paperwork is completed and that new and continuing Participants have payroll accounts established upon enrollment. Verifies that there is proper review and approval of participants’ time and attendance reports, leave requests, training requests and any other required forms.
6. Makes certain that case management and other supportive services are provided to participants for the purpose of counseling, referral, and follow-up. Coordinates services with other organizations, as appropriate.
7. Assists in conducting regularly scheduled participant quarterly meetings, host agency meetings and individual/group training.
8. Works closely with the Project Director to ensure that all program goals and objectives are met on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis; assists in preparing Quarterly Progress Reports as well as other programmatic, budgetary, and statistical reports for timely submission to headquarters, as requested
9. Assists in submitting data forms to NAPCA SCSEP headquarters on a timely basis. Provides corrected participant paperwork, as necessary.
10. Conducts outreach to underserved populations and areas at the direction of the Project Director.
11. Other related duties as assigned.