National progressive telephone fundraising firm seeks a passionate, goal-driven, and motivated candidate for Assistant Director. The Assistant Call Center Director is responsible for meeting and exceeding the goals for this office for fundraising and membership development for 40+ progressive organizations, candidates, and charities. This Director will grow the existing operation, and raise millions of dollars a year for our client partners.
We’re looking for an analytical candidate with a strong background in staff management. Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to drive multiple priorities, build and develop a team, problem-solve, and meet and exceed goals. The position requires strong communication and motivational skills, work ethic, and a commitment to forwarding progressive politics. Prior experience in fundraising is required. Campaign management experience is preferred.
- Meet and exceed fundraising goals for the office overall, as well as for individual client campaigns.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve performance, through analyzing metrics and data, and working with the staff.
- Expand operations by recruiting and training new staff members to be effective members of your team. Cultivate a welcoming, political, and motivating atmosphere.
- Manage a staff of callers. Perform initial and ongoing training for your personnel, as team and individually, with an eye towards continual development of communication skills and effective fundraising. Promote top staff members to be supervisors or Assistant Call Center Directors to help you manage the growing operation
- Fundraise yourself to lead by example, train staff members, develop best practices, and stay in touch with donor response to organizations’ campaigns and messaging.
- Manage budgets and payroll. Maintain personnel records. Track and maximize caller schedules.
Since 1988, Telefund’s mission has been to provide our clients with more bang for their buck than any other telephone fundraising option. Telefund has raised $330 million over the last 26 years across five call centers for some of the top progressive organizations, campaigns and charities in the country. Our past and current clients include American Civil Liberties Union, Amnesty International, ASPCA, the Democratic National Committee, Human Rights Campaign, League of Conservation Voters, the Sierra Club, Oxfam, Planned Parenthood and many others.
Salary/Benefits: Target annual salary for Assistant Call Center Directors is commensurate with experience. Competitive Benefits package included.
Timing and Location: Position available immediately Santa Barbara or Los Angeles, CA. There may also be additional opportunities in Austin, Chicago, Denver, Washington, D.C. and Boston.
To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ACCD” in the subject line as well asyour preferred location and how you learned about the position.
Telefund is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.